License Plate LED Light Octavia III, PN

19 hours ago, RPMfr said:

I got a pair of these last week & installed them into my Skoda vRS & coded them, all work fine but is there a way to make them brighter (just a tad) if anyone knows at all? please tell :thumbup: I do find them on the dim side (not so bright) I de-installed the ones I had from SuperSkoda as they are not the original type above but were very bright but a few of the LED square little chips within the number plate light houing had stopped lighting up & I didn't want to carry on using the SuperSkoda ones purely due to the fact that I don't want BCM issues.

I haven't done it, but as I understad in the video on YouTube I have liked to, you can set the value to more than 100%, in the video they use use 127. The video is in German, but you find the same menus in your english Vag-Com.

29 minutes ago, Bobletrond said:

I haven't done it, but as I understad in the video on YouTube I have liked to, you can set the value to more than 100%, in the video they use use 127. The video is in German, but you find the same menus in your english Vag-Com.

Yeah I did it the same as that & from the VCDS thread on here:

-> Controller 09 - Central Electronics

-> 16 - Security Access - enter 31347

-> 10 - Adaptations

Change the 2 channels listed below

(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25  -  set to: 43 - allgemeine LED

STG09_Bordnetz_Anpassung_1-Leuchte25kzl-

(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 - Dimmwert AB 25  -  set to 127

STG09_Bordnetz_Anpassung_1-Leuchte25kzl-

Here you can see the difference between Led (left) and halogen Philips Blue Vision (right):

012.jpg?t=1398542040

I just think that the original ones above just don't get that bright no matter the coding?

I ended up changing the original VW/Skoda rear LED number plate bulbs but left the coding & replaced with these ones instead. (with the coding you don't need to use the canbus resistors/plug type)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Error-free-canbus-24LED-License-plate-light-number-plate-lamp-light-for-SKODA-Octavia-2013-2015/32555427556.html

Brightness is so much better like 100% 

Edited by BATVANVRS

6 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

I ended up changing the original VW/Skoda rear LED number plate bulbs but left the coding & replaced with these ones instead. (with the coding you don't need to use the canbus resistors/plug type)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Error-free-canbus-24LED-License-plate-light-number-plate-lamp-light-for-SKODA-Octavia-2013-2015/32555427556.html

Brightness is so much better like 100% 

How bright do you need them to be? I fitted the Skoda Rapid ones and they are a similar brightness level to OEM fitted LEDs on my mate's Leon.

In all honesty, and I understand tastes differ, how bright do these license plate LEDs need to be?

I sometimes am behind some old Audi and BMW cars with retrofitted LEDs on the license plate that are so bright that you cannot even read the plate anymore and sometimes, even blinding.

...adding to it the even more nasty thing, when one of the LEDs has failed and it is either off or blinking - actually more like strobing.

Personally, I also think the OEM Rapid LEDs we can get are just about right and they look like they have been there from the start,  meaning that they don't stand out, which is one of my aims when modding a car - small changes that make it look better but at the same time don't look obvious.

This is a bigger conversation and I know that there are many different views on this subject, but just my two cents.

...stick whatever LEDs you are happy with :)

• Like 2