Alarm going off

ZZR600

The alarm on my 2010 Yeti is going off randomly. I've read this might be to do with a deteriorating rechargeable battery that is integral to the alarm system. Anyone know where this battery might be located and hot it might be replaced? Apparently they need replacing every 6 years. 

check there are no flying foreign bodys in the car, had this once with a "daddy long legs" kept triggering the alarm all night :angry: Met its demise the next day :D

John

If it is like to Octavia and Golf Mk5 and 6's and pretty likely it is - it can cause that problem. It is not really serviceable. Need to change the whole unit. 

The pcb and cells are is inside a sealed plastic moulded casing which has to be cut apart with a mini hacksaw or similar. Then you need to try and match up the cells, Maplin have something similar, the original cells are custom manufacturer only,  solder onto boards and hope no other components or the board have been damaged if batteries have leaked. The seal up again and refit.

Generally a lot easier and prevents having to do job twice by getting a new unit to fit.

Like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Alarm-Buzzer-W-Adatper-Plug-Set-For-VW-Jetta-Golf-MK5-MK6-Passat-B6-Tiguan-/161688975107?hash=item25a569f703:g:-r8AAOSwEeFVQIkh

You could check the car with VCDS to check alarm triggers or try disabling the internal sensors with the pillar button, if it still goes off pretty likely the unit is  Caput.  Same symptoms by a recent poster on Octavia boards.  I've now replaced two in different VAG cars.

Should be behind driver wheel arch liner, is in other vehichle's i've done anyway.

Very DIYable but quite pricey to do at a dealer.

Edited by TheClient

Thanks, I had this problem with my previous Seat Leon, got the the stage that the alarm would go off constantly and the only way to stop it was to remove the relevant fuse. Removing the wheel arch liners is a bit of a faff, I'd prefer to know for sure the location of the siren before I had a go at replacing it

Mine used to do this intermittently...usually in the middle of the night.  A change of (12v) battery seems to have done the trick :thumbup: