TMC Tuning box..

I know there is a lot of info on here and happy customers of the TMC boxes but I also noticed most of them are red. 

I'm looking at buying one that has previously been sold by @Binzie on here. 

I just wondered why this one is black and not red because as seen in a thread by @Ally_bassman the black one he bought was a "lite" brazilian version. Just really wanna avoid any potential dodgy versions that may cause problems. 

Cheers

Damo

If you try a search you might find a thread where some bought TMC Tuning Boxes on Ebay and got Black Ones which suited South American Models with different lower octane fuel.

Some were hopeless.

PS

Sorry, missed you had the same thread as this one.

EDIT.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/235368-tmc-tuning-box-review-14-tsi-engine 

Edited by Awayoffski

3 minutes ago, S27VEJ said:

Damo someone is selling one on the Mk2 VRS FB page...

That's the one I'm on about.. it's black and has been sold on here previously by @Binzie

If I recall correctly, you can tell a 'propper' TMC box as it has a the ability to change the map number from a dial on the outside of the box. The brazilian version does not have this.. you have to open it up to change settings.

imageproxy.php.jpg

Edited by Ally_bassman
  • Like 1

Ta, That was my next question... do i just go warp speed 9? lol, is there much difference between modes? im obviously going to wait until my extended warranty runs out before i fit it and also tell my insurance company :)

53 minutes ago, DamoR said:

Ta, That was my next question... do i just go warp speed 9? lol, is there much difference between modes? im obviously going to wait until my extended warranty runs out before i fit it and also tell my insurance company :)

Exactly what I did...... ;-)

It's up to you, I would start low then work your way up.

• Like 1

Anyone got a wiring diagram for these boxes? Someone has kindly removed the labels from the loom and 2 of the connections are the same.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-14 at 21:31, DamoR said:

That's the one I'm on about.. it's black and has been sold on here previously by @Binzie

Mine was legit, came with a quote for clip repair from manufacturer in NI iirc - bought from here :D

@Binzie didn't get the quote but I now own the same one you did.. sounds like it's been through quite a few people lol. Just had the bridge plug delivered as well as it was missing that.