1.4 SE-L, 4x4, 6 speed manual for two days

I have been kindly lent a Kodiaq by my dealer (Capitol Skoda, Newport. They know I am not going to buy one as I am waiting for the hybrid models to come out) for two days just to see if I liked the model in general. I was a bit dubious about the 1.4 engine but was quite surprised by it around the local area and especially on a particular hill just how much it easily pulled up the hill and in general accelerated. Then took it on the motorway to discover why it is so good around my local area. Gearing.

It is only pulling around 27mph/1000rpm (compared to my SII which is nearly 40mph/1000rpm). This is ideal for where I am thinking this particular model is primarily aimed at IMO only.

Must say so far I have been very impressed with it, so much quieter than mine (I know diesel to petrol and a better sound test would be a diesel) though having been used to front and rear sensors, front sensors (it does have rear sensors) is a must for a car this size. 

Lovely big screen with all the info available which I will not have time to "play" with. Paired my phone easily enough.

Well I am going to hand back the Kodiaq later today. A very enjoyable three days doing almost 200 miles. The 1.4 petrol is fine around town but for me I would need a bigger engine for my type of journeys. Went out last night just to try the LED lights quite impressed with them though easily noticed not having "bendy" lights. The wife is looking forward to when the new Karoq comes out. I do really like the dash layout and the size of the info screen plus the more up to date cruise control compared to my 5YO Superb II, L&K. The wife like's the fact that she can touch the rear doors button to close it.