Throttle Body Actuator Motor wiring - 2007 Fabia 1.9 TDi (AXR)

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice or guidance.

Skoda Fabia MK1, 2007, 1.9 TDi (AXR)

I am trying trace what I think is a wiring fault with the throttle body actuator motor.  Whilst doing a whole load of repairs to the electrics on the car it became apparent that there was a potential ECU fault, however before writing off the ECU I tested the wiring for the various sensors that were recording faults (MAP; MAF; Throttle actuator).  I am getting continuity on all the appropriate wires on the MAP and MAF going to ECU/Earth/Fuse.  However I am getting stuck on the throttle actuator.  The plug has 4 pins (see pics).  Pin 1-(brown wire)-continuity to earth; Pin 2-(blue/black)-continuity to connector block behind battery; Pin 3-(blue/red)-continuity to Pin 81 on ECU plug; Pin 4-(red/lilac)- I am not getting any continuity to any of the red/lilac wires on the ECU plug or to earth so I am assuming a break in the wire.  I have downloaded the wiring documents available on anther thread here at Briskoda but can't seem to find a diagram that relates to the throttle actuator.  Does anyone know where this red/lilac wire should go to?  Don't fancy opening up the full loom if I can avoid it!

Cheers in advance.

20170520_160114.jpg

20170520_160141.jpg

20170520_160220.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wino said:

OK, found it. That red/lilac from pin 4 should go to pin 75 on the ECU. Fix that first and see how things are.

Thank you so much.  You've saved me a load of hassle.  Yeah its an AXR (has 6Y) in the VIN.  Not finding a lot data about this particular engine code but it appears most similar to the ATD model.

Once again, thanks.

No problem, you can get any info you like via erWin Skoda if you're prepared to fork out a few Euros, but I have the info in front of me here, so ask away with further questions, if any arise. Happy to answer specific queries and/or guide you through the erWin process, but I can't share the full document/info with you as it would breach copyright. :)

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Never heard of AXR engine code, is it definitely a mk1? 6Y in the VIN rather than 5J?

Wino, just for a bit of additional info, my 06 plate Elegance also has the AXR engine fitted. Think it also went in the Golf.

engine kw hp ltr cyl mounting time model remark
AXR 74 101 1.9 4 08/04 - 12/07 FABIA EU4
  • Like 1