Estate rear brake light removal help.

This is just a quick question, i'm very new around, so sorry if i didn't post in the correct section but i have a small question. I have a 2014 Superb MK II Estate and i need to remove the rear light assembly. I've seen the conversion guide for the twindoor version, is anything different in this case ? I only see one plastic cap though. Is anything else i should be aware of ?

tail.jpg

Here you go.

Fast forward to 9 minutes 10 seconds. This is for the MkIII Octavia estate but the principle is all but identical.

You need the tool out of the spare wheel kit...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Actually you don't need the tool ^ , I've just done mine and it's 2 torx bolts under the wee caps. After watching the above video and spending ages looking for the tool....🙄😁 which begs the question, what's the tool for?

56 minutes ago, Bigbadpod said:

Actually you don't need the tool ^ , I've just done mine and it's 2 torx bolts under the wee caps. After watching the above video and spending ages looking for the tool....🙄😁 which begs the question, what's the tool for?

It's a T25 Torx driver that comes with the breakdown kit in the boot.

• Like 1

The tool is used to remove the "wee caps" :D

You can see it here in fig. A...

image.png.fdf9efbbfd7ed6a669c5814cc81bff51.png

Under which are the two Torx screws, fig. B.

However, it varies between pre-facelift and facelift.

Pre-facelift is as in my picture below, no "wee cap", but instead two smaller plastic caps covering the same two Torx screws. The Twindoor is pictured, but the same principal applies to the estate...

91010248_SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights(1).thumb.JPG.9be8822eb59c669148b9f9d647560430.JPG

781968199_SkodaSuperbLEDTailLights(2).thumb.JPG.fb40e7c73e0a3d66279116a547c15597.JPG

image.png.781e27d562a84258ec0e1e551965d648.png

If you have the facelift, as per the OP, and need to remove the large plastic cap, then this is when the tool from the vehicle tool kit is useful, item no.5 to remove the cap, as per the video I posted earlier, then item no.2 to remove the Torx screws...

image.png.06919eb49a6e360c9efd40631517b53e.png

image.png.6764d59179dcd0c6c808d50925569466.png

image.png.4a0fa8d135f48ecc47183fd0857f39db.png

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Very informative, thanks. Although your diagram above states that tool no.5 is for removing wheel trims. Hey ho. I used a screwdriver for the caps, same as you. Cheers bud.

• Like 1

No.5 has several purposes. Older Skoda's had caps that covered all the wheel bolts so the tool was designed to remove the cap.

On the Karoq and Kodiaq it is used to remove an access panel on the inner wheelarch liners to access the front fog light bulbs.