Dance radio switching itself on

Help! My missus was trying to get to sleep last night, and complained that someone must be having a rave nearby as she could hear muffled music. I went outside to see if I could get an idea of where the noise was coming from, and found it was our car! The radio had switched itself on, none of us had been near the car yesterday as we'd been out since 6:30am. I went to use the car the other day, and when I opened the door the radio was playing, but I thought it came on as I unlocked using the remote key. 

Its a 'Dance' radio, and the car is an 07 (56) '2' model. The other thing the radio is doing is to go into 'Phone' mode randomly when switched on, it just keeps flicking in and out of this mode but there's no phone connected and never has been while I've had it. It did go through a phase a while ago of just not working at all, then when I was driving to the main dealer to get the radio code so we could get the cause investigated, the radio started working and has been fine since! 

I've taken the radio fuse (no.50) out now to stop it happening again, but of course leaves me with no radio at all! Does anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? Or even which other Skoda radios would be compatible to replace it without major wiring alterations? Any help welcomed! 

• 1 month later...

Never have an issue with my Dance so might be worth looking out for one which will be cheapish as many people like to upgrade to flash ice. It will also be a straight swap, along with the code needed so get that from the seller. Not sure if it can be reprogrammed to your original code if you felt so inclined.

You might also find that when you disconnected it, it might reprogram its self as you plug it back in. They know their own code so go through a system check, prior to saying "SAFE" on the display. You may need to re-tune but hey- if it works!

Edited by mrgf