Rear springs for vRS Hatch

I need new rear springs for my vRS. With two adults in the back the rear tyres disappear into the arches and it hits the bump stops over speed bumps (even at slow speed). I have found somewhere that does KYB ones for a reasonable price, however, would a set of -35mm lowering springs for a standard 1.8t give the same look as the standard vRS springs? If so, then that actually works out cheaper than buying the specific vRS ones. Fronts would be done as well as I have new front shocks and top mounts to go on anyway.

Or, what other options are out there from the VAG stable? Not interested in coil overs, roads are way too rough for that round here.

kyb rears are pretty cheap as is, doubt you'd get better for the money

I have uprated ones if you have the estate and want to gain ride height and stiffness

On 2017-5-22 at 21:34, Paul thornton said:

Just make sure they are weighted for an octavia and not a golf mk4 as most are.

Ftfy

Standard springs are gonna be softer than vrs ones, so may handle differently - body roll..

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:24, STSKODA said:

kyb rears are pretty cheap as is, doubt you'd get better for the money

I have uprated ones if you have the estate and want to gain ride height and stiffness

Local factors quoted £103 inc vat for a pair of KYB springs, found some online for £58 delivered for the pair (KYB reference RH6777 if anyone needs it :) ) may have to wait a little longer though as I need new rear tyres as well this month - good job it's bonus month, lol