TMC issues :(

Managed to get my TMC box fitted after working out what plugs go where.. not made easy by someone removing the labels from the loom. I am however having some issues... i get constant misfires under load, I managed to get it to log the fault and got the EML on. This showed random misfires on CYL 1 & 3 (P0101 & P0103) and also weirdly C1555 fault? I have seen one other member who had the same problem but i can't find out if he fixed it (it was 2 years ago)

The car is a 2011 CAVE that was serviced in Jan and Skoda replaced my plugs, even tho i asked them not to as i had just fitted Denso VK20 plugs! Car is always run on 99ron fuel and behaves normally without the TMC box fitted. 

Im stuck as to where to go from here, i may try and replace the OEM NGK plugs again and see if the Denso's improve anything.

I have also messaged TMC and they have suggested sending the box to them to have it checked and make sure the correct map is on it... to me it seems like its massively over fueling and causing the misfires as its not as bad if you nail it from a standing start 0-60 style.. 

the box previously belonged to @Binzie so would be good to know how he got on with it but not sure if he's still around?

any thoughts??

Cheers

Damo

at least one other owner, no issues with last owner afaik. Just a quick one as well george.. BKR7EIX or SKJ20CR-A8? I used the SKJ's before but just wondered what you think are best?

I tried those NGK's in 7's and 8's and that was the last i would ever use NGK's of any kind in a Twincharger.

Some seem to swear by them, as REVO recommended them, but then REVO sold people their remap for twinchargers and that was crap. JIMO.

• Like 1

Just ordered 4 SKJ20CR-A8's from opie oils again.. £36 delivered :) TMC are insisting i send them the box to check map so i will prob do that as a precaution before running it again. I do intend to change the plugs now i know skoda put OEM ones back in tho :wondering:

The plugs might just happen to be the issue with the setting you have the box at.

Please check the gap on the 4 plugs that were fitted at the Service just to see what they are at.

I removed 4 DENSO today that had done 16,000 miles and they were as new and the gap was still 0.7mm and the plugs will be getting used again.

• Like 1

right.. plugs done today. sooo easy the second time round! :) The OEM ones that skoda fitted on the service have been photo'd and measured.. all came out to a loose 0.84mm and were covered in yellow gunk?? pics to follow. @Awayoffski what u think?

• Like 1

To me they look like you had them nice and hot before they were removed, maybe running lean.

Looks to me like they have been pretty sooted up and maybe rich before that.

Gap was wrong i imagine.

Are all 4 pretty much the same or is there an odd one out?

Someone with more knowledge will say what they think hopefully.

Edited by Awayoffski

They have been in since the service in January. The car hadn't been driven for 2 days before I took them out today.. and all 4 had same gap at around 0.84mm. :)

• Like 1