Coolant leak

morning you lovley lot.
My car has been suffering a leak for a while. Took it to the garage I use all the time. Done a pressure check and they couldn't find anything wrong.

How ever I checked the car yesterday morning. Discovered a small amount on the floor and on the large pipe by the front driver side wheel. The sump doesent seem to have any trace of any water marks.

Any one got any idears at all?

What model / year /  engine?  That will help getting some more specific pointers.

There is generally a fair bit of coolant piping around that side of the engine. You are going to have to take the undertray off and maybe drivers wheel / inner guard and find the source.  The large pipe you are talking about is probably just the turbo to intercooler pipework but the coolant source will be somewhere else!

fogot that bit!

It's the 2 liter diesel bkd engine and its 2007.

Cheers The Client. that'll keep me busie for a while!

Your condenser should look like mine!?

Common fault,  the white cab is leaking or the bottom of the condenser is rotten and leaking.

See my thread:

Edited by 0ctavist

Did you make an AC-service and they add coloured leak fluid into your system? Then it´s easy to find the leak

What´s about the coolant pressure switch, inside down left near the compressor ? 

No problem. Maybe you have a suggestion or two where he would go looking for the leak. I suggested removing undertray, maybe off side wheel and liner.  Bright torch.  If he can narrow it down a bit and try to pin point the source.

Can the water pump seals leak on these?

looking through the service history the timeing belt and water pump had been changed a while back!

FWIW,  my waterpump failed within 24 hours of being replaced as part of combined cambelt/waterpump service.  First I was aware of it was a high pitched alarm and lights on the dash.  Upon getting back to my house, I observed a puddle of coolant where the car had been parked.

• 2 weeks later...