Skoda Connect can Columbus be upgraded to have this option

Hi all,

Just a quick question, as many will know, Skoda Connect is available on some new Skoda Models, I assume that this is just an software upgrade, can our Columbus units updated to have this option.

Skoda Connect.jpeg

No. You need the latest hardware - not software.

The MiB platform used for all current VAG infotainment systems (which in Skoda's case is Swing, Bolero, Amundsen, Columbus) is a "Baukasten" or Modular concept. When the manufacturer wants to add new or enhanced features one or more of three major circuit boards is replaced with an upgraded version. AFAIK there is no option to have this done retrospectively.

Apologies, ignore my post. Total brain fade as I was thinking of Smartgate, not Connect.

Edited by BillyJim

Thanks BillyJim,

That's answered my question, so basically you would have to replace your current unit with the latest one, now that won't be cheap, or of course order another new car.:D

Online Services can be unlocked with VCDS, just under Adaptation set it to "ON". It works, just can't connect to Skoda Connect since skoda diden't unlock it for your VIN

20170326_144008.jpg

20170326_144855.jpg

Anybody knows if this they are planning to offer them as software upgrades for older models since the software already has it ?, just the VIN needs to be added to Connect.

Asked my dealership in Estonia, they didn't know if it's coming as software upgrade yet.

• 4 years later...
On 28/05/2017 at 17:57, Blindek said:

Online Services can be unlocked with VCDS, just under Adaptation set it to "ON". It works, just can't connect to Skoda Connect since skoda diden't unlock it for your VIN

20170326_144008.jpg

20170326_144855.jpg

Could you tell us where to encode this in vcds?  And can the website add vin to the conect service?