312 and 256 caliper upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

My old ones didn't fit, I had to run over to Vw and audi, these are ones they gave me I asked for mk4 golf v6 or Audi TT ones 288 and 312 had same part number. 

Il double check it all again in the morning but so far so good :) 

• Like 1

Golf anniversary 312 ones refurbed and fitted. Powder coat 40 quid. New pistons, seals and stainless nipples 30 quid and calipers were 80. Oh and spring clips from eurocarparts 6 quid.

discs and pads are brembo  

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Richard92 said:

Ah due to recent discoveries I need calipers, just ordered a set off eBay so then it should be right. Wish I never started this conversion now getting expensive 

Tell me more??

6 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Tell me more??

Well when I fitted them they seemed ok, only after driving the pedal started to become very unresponsive, tried bleeding this morning in work and still rubbish. Got to college after work and the brakes were boiling.

Because the calipers are wrong the spring clip was pulling one pad constantly against the disc and also pushing the piston back ! Spring clip is off for now and il have to nurse it to work tomorrow to change back to 288 until after my operation 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
43 minutes ago, NcioxDSG said:

so.. were the calipers diferent? or something else was the problem?

Yes my standard calipers looked right but didn’t fit right. I ended up using calipers and carriers off a TT 225 :) one of the best upgrades I’ve done .