Dash cams

Guys,

I`m in need of a dash cam. There seem to be so many with prices ranging from 30 to few hundred. Don`t need 4k, 1080p would be enough. Would be great to have G sensor, built in GPS, ideally with sound recording, loop recording. Any feedback if anybody using one?

In the front i have a blackvue 300G from a group buy a couple of years ago, touch wood it's still going strong. 

In the rear just a cheap möbius which cost me about £35 to my surprise is still going strong too.

Whats your price range?

Do you want one with a screen or without?

Edited by LGM

For the last 2.5 years I have been using a Nextbase 302G dash cam with up to 1080 HD. I have been very pleased with it and the downloaded video is of good picture quality. Just ordered the Nextbase Duo from Halfords, that films front and rear at the same time. On line the Duo is going for £145.99.

• Like 1

Like you may have guessed, there are many dashcams with many different features. Dashcams should have basics such as loop recording, some form of sound recording, and auto recording from power. many have G-sensors and some have GPS or GPS sensor as option.

I prefer a barrel or wedge type with dual lens and no GPS. You may have other requirements. I would suggest you do some research first on what your preferences are first before your purchase, there are lots of Youtube video on reviews but these tend to be higher end. Youtubers such as Techmoan review some lower end models by these change specification very quickly and some have reliability issues. 

• 4 weeks later...

After veeery long research about image sensors, processors, watching ton of Youtube videos and reading forums, I have found dashcam which I think cannot be beaten on quality:price! I just ordered this dash cam +hardwire kit. It has one of the best Sony IMX 291 low light sensors +Novatek 96660 chipset. Check out this night video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z544lpEylg

And all that for just £99.41 - camera with GPS +hard wire kit with fuse. Will need memory card, that`s another £20-35 depending on size and brand.

http://www.viofo.com/home/34-a119s-1080p-60fps-car-dash-cam.html

Edited by Robertino