Felicia Mk2 compatibility with Octavia Mk1 parts

Hi everyone, first post here. Young person and I've managed to get a 1999 Felly Mk2 (was only the natural way to go since my dad's in love with the brand lol). Where I'm from the dealer stopped importing Skodas a decade ago, so what we have on this island are the Favorits, Felly Mk1 and Mk2 (carb only), Octavia, Fabia and Superb Mk1.

Since I can far more easily get my hands on an Octavia than find another Mk2 Felly, my questions are:

1. Would anyone recommend the 1.6 engine from an Octavia Mk1 as an easy transplant into a carb Felly? (135 engine).
2. Would the bumper and grille from the earliy Octavias (i.e. 1998) fit onto the Felly? I was saying to myself they look extremely similar, and mine is a bit beaten up.

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures, but thanks anyone who's willing to answer. If there's another similar thread I may have missed my apologies as well. Cheers everyone.

Edited by A_Butler

1) Why do you want to replace the engine? Parts shortage? Low power? Other?

2) I don't think they fit, at least not out of the box. Of course, anything can be 'persuaded' to fit.

@A_Butler

1. It's known that the bigger 1.8T and 1.9D engines both fit, so the 1.6 is bound to. You will need to make custom engine and gearbox mounts, I think driveshafts, and to have a complete Octavia "car cassette" (fascia and everything forward of A post) though. Threads https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/428501-nuggets-felicia-18t-project/ and https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/209180-felicia-18t-transplant-thread/ discuss the 1.8T conversion in detail, so will give you an idea what you're taking on.
  2. I seriously doubt that Octavia 1 exterior plastics will fit a Felicia readily; some of the pre-facelift Octavia panels, including the grille, don't actually fir a post-facelift Octavia (and vice versa).
Edited by KenONeill

10 hours ago, RicardoM said:

1) Why do you want to replace the engine? Parts shortage? Low power? Other?

2) I don't think they fit, at least not out of the box. Of course, anything can be 'persuaded' to fit.

1. I find the 1.3 carb pretty underpowered yeah, particularly on hills.
2. And alright thanks anyways

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@A_Butler

1. It's known that the bigger 1.8T and 1.9D engines both fit, so the 1.6 is bound to. You will need to make custom engine and gearbox mounts, I think driveshafts, and to have a complete Octavia "car cassette" (fascia and everything forward of A post) though. Threads https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/428501-nuggets-felicia-18t-project/ and https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/209180-felicia-18t-transplant-thread/ discuss the 1.8T conversion in detail, so will give you an idea what you're taking on.
  2. I seriously doubt that Octavia 1 exterior plastics will fit a Felicia readily; some of the pre-facelift Octavia panels, including the grille, don't actually fir a post-facelift Octavia (and vice versa).

Thanks for directing me toward the thread man. I'll give it a look in.

There are many pre facelift Felecias here, and many post facelift Octavias. But hardly any facelifted Felicias or any pre facelift Octavias.