Take A break message

On 11/07/2017 at 14:30, rob_e said:

agree it's a pretty pointless piece of tech.  audis a few years back had just a simple alert after 2 hrs (iirc) solid driving- that made more sense in my view that trying to analyse your style.  as has been said you might need sudden steering input to avoid road debris / other cars ditto braking - its a bit of a stretch to assume that these are merely due to tiredness.

if i could turn mine off i would.

Just checked on my 2016 Superb and the option is under car/setup/driver assistance/driver alert system.

On my previous Fabia -17 I had this message pop up about once or twice every week when driving to work. Start driving at 5am and drive for 45minutes.

And I remember once doing a 90 minutes drive at 10pm and it did not pop up, at that time I actually felt tired.

But on my Octavia rs -19 I have not had this message pop up at all yet. Have had this car for half a year.

Guest BigJase88

what does stopping and taking a 'break' actually do though? just prolongs the journey making you even more tired, if im tired and driving I have a fag and that sorts me out for another 45-60 mins

2 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

what does stopping and taking a 'break' actually do though? just prolongs the journey making you even more tired, if im tired and driving I have a fag and that sorts me out for another 45-60 mins

It gives your eyes and concentration a rest. Also if you walk to get a coffee or just a stretch, your blood moves around your body quicker again carrying all that oxygen. So helps battle fatigue. If you carry on driving tired without a break fornlong periods, your reaction and concentration levels are that of someone over the drink drive limit. I have been to many a crash where people have nodded off without realising. Even one when he was sat at the traffic lights asleep. 

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88
7 hours ago, Ecomatt said:

It gives your eyes and concentration a rest. Also if you walk to get a coffee or just a stretch, your blood moves around your body quicker again carrying all that oxygen. So helps battle fatigue. If you carry on driving tired without a break fornlong periods, your reaction and concentration levels are that of someone over the drink drive limit. I have been to many a crash where people have nodded off without realising. Even one when he was sat at the traffic lights asleep. 

Did not know this

will try this now