Blind Spot and Rear Traffic AI disable

Sportline 2.0 Diesel 4x4

I've noticed in my car that Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Traffic AI do not stay enabled after I have turned off the car. I have to manually turn them on every time I drive using teh controls on teh right of the steering wheel

They possibly get turned off when I put the car in reverse (seems to be the common factor), but they never get turned on again afterwards.

Can anyone else tell me is this is the same on their car - wondering if I have a fault?

NOTE: I do have a tow bar on my car but its not fitted and there is nothing plugged in the electrics for it (I know that rear traffic AI gets disabled automatically when something is connected)

Thanks for responding

On my car it Definitely disables them every time I put the car in reverse. 

Do you have a tow bar on your car? Just wondering if it's an effect of the OEM wiring kit for that?

I have just had a tow bar fitter, along with car specific wiring and the re-mapping work. If i connect the caravan the two items disconnect automatically. when I disconnect the 13 pin plug these two items do not turn back on automatically and I have to reset them manually, once done they stay on all the time, hope this is of some help.

Yep that is how I assumed it would work too. But it seems that on mine it always disables them when I put the car in reverse as well.

Dont know whether that is a Skoda service type issue or Tow Bar fitter issue who did the remapping along with fitting the OEM Tow Bar loom

Mine did exactly the same thing. I found that when I was setting up all of the infotainment system, if I had the engine running and selected the blind spot and rear traffic (via the steering wheel while it was in park with DSG) then I saved the setting to the seat profile via the buttons on the seat. This saved my selection permanently.

Now when I go into reverse, everything is still active. Took a couple of weeks to figure it out, but it has worked for me.

I don't understand as to why these two features are not defaulted to the ON position from the factory. 

Hi Andysuew,

THANKS - You nailed it, I had forgotten that I had set the seat preferences before my Towbar was fitted and also whilst these systems were off. So every time I get in the car the profile insets them. 

Just reprogrammed the seat whilst Thames preferences were on and now they are there every time I start the car.