Drivers side window not working

The other day the drivers side window stopped working, literally minutes after I used it last?

The passengers side still works fine and the the door locks etc still work fine on the drivers side, I've read a couple of topics about window switches so I've replaced the drivers switch and the window still doesn't work?

Is there additional parts for the window to work like an ECU, control box etc?

Thanks

I believe there is some sort of convenience module etc inside the door. Have a look at the wires in the door bellow first though as they often sever!

Did you replace it with a new switch? TBH, I wouldn't trust a used one to be any better. Also, you say the door locks work fine... Does the window open/close if you turn the key fully in the lock and hold it?

Yeah have a look in the door shut for broken wires. Mine worked then I realised that it didn't go down when the door was open.

The wire was already broken but touching when the door was shut. 

IMG_2722.JPG

I found that after fiddling it worked perfectly for a while.... then died again. 

Then I took the connector off the motor, and the 'L' shaped connector (the loom plugs in L shape connector then the connector into the motor) 

once apart spray all with contact cleaner and you will see some long thin 'U shape connectors (at the top of each of the 'U' is a little nib pointing inwards to make the connection) get some needle nose pliers and squeeze them closer together, so that you can just see a gap ( set mine to 40 thou, but just get them close but not touching)

has been fine now for about 2000 miles now:)