Project car

Building a rally car is a serious undertaking, you need a serious skillset, serious workshop facilities and serious toolkit. That you're even asking this question leads to serious doubts about your seriousness!

By now you'll have realised that I remain to be convinced that you're a capable and yes, serious individual and not just a dreamer with no money who thinks he can drive a bit.

9 minutes ago, Meredith19 said:

Only road rally tbh 

So the difference between tarmac and gravel rallies is the suspension setup and tyre choice, if you want to save a few quid you don't need to fully skid the underside for tarmac rallying.

Other than that I estimate you'll need £5k just to comply with safety regs, £2.5k on clutch, brakes and suspension and another £1k for spare wheels and tyres.

What engine and gearbox were you thinking of fitting instead?

• Like 1

@Meredith19 - Well, in that case there are limits to what you can do beyond safety equipment and still comply with the RAC Blue Book. I would advise decent seats and 6-point harnesses, but check what is legal regarding roll cages.

You can uprate the brakes to 312mm front discs and fast road or road/rally pads all round. You can also fit uprated suspension, but I'd suggest getting a specifically designed competition set of springs and dampers rather than a set of road coilovers.

I think you could remap and fit an FMIC, but there are strict exhaust noise limits so you may not be able to fit a new exhaust at all, and certainly can't fit a fart box.

Also, the last time I saw the BB, you were limited to 4 main and auxiliary headlights (so the fogs have to go; the best idea may be to find a set of base model H4 halogen main/dip units and add a pair of Cibie rally lamps or LED auxiliaries depending on your eyesight).

• Like 1

A boy I know has been road rallying for a few years so any issues I'll ask him was just asking has anyone turned there fabia into one that's all thanks for all the advice anyway much appreciated