VCDS Tweaks

If you dont have it in the infotainment as shown above, go to Central electronics > Adaptations > look for Acknowledgement signals/feedback signals (don’t remember the exact name) there should be 3-4 channels you need to activate to get it working and showing in the infotainment.

Mine is a 2015 (without alarm system so it uses the horn) and I'm not sure if it's the same for newer models so have a look.

Btw, I love that feature and everyone else hates it :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guess and girls 

I have sorted it out I have done it in VCDS now I have the option on the menu

thanks for all your help

if you need any hope with other coding feel free to message me 

Is there a way to only have acoustic sound when locking?

I leave fairly early in the morning in a very quiet neighborhood, yet the car sounds 2 beeps when unlocking: too loud. But I do like the locking confirmation. So is there a VCDS tweak to only do the locking confirmation?

1 hour ago, wyx087 said:

I leave fairly early in the morning in a very quiet neighborhood, yet the car sounds 2 beeps when unlocking: too loud. But I do like the locking confirmation. So is there a VCDS tweak to only do the locking confirmation?

Hi wvx087

im not to sure if you can I know there are 4 codes you need to activate it so I guess you can try to turn 1 off as the first 2 I do I'm sure one is unlock beep and the other is lock beep then the other 2 are to show it on the radio to turn it on and off but not 100%

Unlock

Acknowledgment signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegeln

Lock

Acknowledgment signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln

this is what I'm guessing but would have to try it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wyx087 said:

Mine is to just flash the indicators & folding in the wing mirrors on locking, it unfolds on unlocking & flashes the indicators. Would that work for you ?

Nice one, I'll give it a try next time I seek assistance from my local VCDS guy.

themanwithnoaim, I'm thinking to only have acoustic confirmation for locking. Not unlocking. I've got the option to fold and unfold mirrors and acoustic confirmation. But I don't need to fold 90% of the time, I park on my driveway.

15 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

I don't need to fold 90% of the time, I park on my driveway.

Neither do I NEED to but, I do WANT to as its the simplest way of telling if I've remembered to lock the car.

My 9 year old daughter finds it easier to know when the car is accessible.