Engine converion 'sdi to tdi' wiring question

Does anyone know if the wiring looms inside the Fabias that run behind the dashboard differ depending on the engines?

Seriously considering putting a PD in my car which is a SDI, I know the engine loom will need to be changed, engine loom is also separate to the rest of it all, so wondering if I could get away with just changing the engine bay loom, ECU, clocks etc. Without taking all the dash out

Can't think of there being any differences inside the car throughout the engine ranges, as long as the is the same spec I.E. a elegance. 

I could just buy a tdi but theres no fun in that for folk loke me who prefer building their cars. 

Cheers

Oh go on then...

You'll need the entire contents of a PD100 engine bay including the gearbox and ECU and the complete exhaust system.

Off you go.

Edited by sepulchrave

WHY not just go buy a 70/75/80 BHP 1.4TDi, uprate the brakes ( disc & pads), possibly add rear discs and map the engine to 100 0r more. . Vrs at 1315kg comes out at (130bhp) as 98 bhp/ kg. 100 TDi comes out as 90 . Then you've not got that big 4 cylinder lump in front, so front end is that bit lighter, and that would make it a better balanced car. And with less weight- better 0-60 times .

17 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Oh go on then...

You'll need the entire contents of a PD100 engine bay including the gearbox and ECU and the complete exhaust system.

Off you go.

Hmmm, and that's still not all of it. You forgot to mention any little issues in getting all of the control electronics to talk to each other.

@OP, You are better off looking for a 1.4TDi. It doesn't even have to be a Fabia <shock>. A similar Ibiza or Polo would do it.

If your 1.9SDi is in good nick, you might get decent money for it.

5 hours ago, vindaloo said:

Hmmm, and that's still not all of it. You forgot to mention any little issues in getting all of the control electronics to talk to each other.

I didn't 'forget' to mention anything, I have absolutely no intention of trying to provide an exhaustive list of works required to achieve a pointless engine conversion. I merely wanted to give some indication of the extent of this pointlessness.

10 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

I didn't 'forget' to mention anything, I have absolutely no intention of trying to provide an exhaustive list of works required to achieve a pointless engine conversion. I merely wanted to give some indication of the extent of this pointlessness.

Maybe omitted was the word then. Still, it's a far from simple task, agreed?.