Aircon Clean - condensate drain location

Hi All,

I'm about to give my 2010 Mk11 Superb Elegance a squirt of Wurth AirCon disinfectant spray. Instructions tell me to "...insert spray probe into condensate drain...". I assume this is under the car somewhere and is the drain that leaks out when the aircon has been on a while but, exactly where is it? is it obvious (would be if I could see it coming out I guess)? Has anyone done this before? Are there any pics?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I've just done the bomb thing, seems to have improved the overall all musty smell but I know this wont last. Some useful tips relating to other VAG cars but nothing seems quite to match what I see. I think I need to poke the long tube up the drain so it squirts half a can of "stuff" all over the matrix (not the filter)...

• 1 year later...

On my skoda superb mark 2 the aircon drain pipe hides under the footrest in the driver side footwell.   Footrest piece is held down with a plastic tab and a big plastic screw behind brake pedal,  once removed pull the carpet down and you will see a brace which sits on top of the pipe location with some insulation covering the pipe . Brace has 2 plastic nuts 10mm undo them , brace comes out , pull insulation up and you have the pipe.  

I thought I had a clogged aircon pipe but it wasn't.  Investigation continues 🙄

20190522_190652-1.jpg

20190522_190644-1.jpg

20190522_190423-1.jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-22-21-35-34.jpg

Have you changed the cabin pollen filter recently ?  This could be contributing to musty smells in the cabin if the filter is damp/clogged.

Cheap to replace and can be done easily yourself, certainly worth a try.

EDIT - Just realised this thread is 2 years old 😄

Edited by TasMan
  • Like 1

I'm sure many new will visit this page in near future and maybe would be helpful for them so no it doesn't matter how old the post is.

Pollen filter is good as I change it every 6 months only £10 but did found water under the passenger seat carpet and insulation.  Seat out and most of the wet insulation pulled out too , will leave it all out to see where from and how much water comes in.  Possibilities are endless 🤔

On 24/05/2019 at 00:07, 9@zA said:

I'm sure many new will visit this page in near future and maybe would be helpful for them so no it doesn't matter how old the post is.

Pollen filter is good as I change it every 6 months only £10 but did found water under the passenger seat carpet and insulation.  Seat out and most of the wet insulation pulled out too , will leave it all out to see where from and how much water comes in.  Possibilities are endless 🤔

Found a hole in the very corner ( wheel side ) in the passenger side footwell which is part of a brace and that is where water comes in.  Pulled the inner arch trim out and found a stack of leaves and mud pilled up quite high,  cleaned it all out  ! Could this be the reason 🤔

Will leave under carpet insulation out and if water still comes in then investigation continues🙄

Screenshot_2019-05-30-14-58-03.jpg

20190530_134050.jpg

Edited by 9@zA
Update
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Is that a drain hole or does it appear to be corrosion?

Well water comes in under the carpet from that hole which seems factory but an odd shaped hole with paint all around it and with no corrosion what so ever 😞🤔 I wonder. 

3 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

An enlargement of your photo appears to show a crack and a small split at the back of the depressed area ...

Crack.jpg

It seems that way in the picture as it is dark and wet in there . The part you feel is the crack is in fact the lip casting shadow inside the hole .  

Area out lined in blue is a brace and that lip which looks like a crack is part of that brace. The green area is running under the lip and continues behind the brace towards the right. We've had the car jacked up with all trims in and out removed and no breaks or cracks are apparent.  

Investigation continues 👓

Screenshot_2019-06-01-10-51-40.jpg

1 hour ago, TheRobinK said:

Have you seen the thread below - look at the 13th post by "Karppa_"

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/322415-water-ingress-in-to-brand-new-skoda-superb/page/2/

I think the open scuttle hole issue shown in his picture happened to someone else recently

Thanks for the link yes had a good look around and nothing is missing or anything out of place. Spoke to a mechanic,  will ramp up the car with inner arch and carpet pulledback down and spray water with a jet wash in certain places to duplicate the leak. Let's see,  will report back ✌️