Poor starting

danny4646

Hi

Recently put a new cam and followers in my ASZ engine that I replaced earlier in the year due to the bls doing its normal trick
But it's being a right pain to start,,,,
I've triple checked and it's 100% timed up
Injectors preloaded to all way on and off 180 degrees when on stroke, 
Retorqued cam and rocker caps down 
It takes roughly 10 seconds from standing a few hour's to fire, but fires as normal if turned off and back on straight away
But does chuck out a obvious blue/white smoke as in unburnt fuel when first started that soon clears once running (assume due to turning over but not firing up?!) 
Checked cam sensor and tried another still no better, I'm thinking tandem pump or fuel issue, I only get a cam sensor fault 16725 but does clear once running? But I've tried a new sensor and when running without the cam senor plugged in I get 012995 so assume the sensor is reading, sadly I don't have vcds to do much more :( 
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dan

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I recently had the following problems:
The car was
remained stopped for 1 month and when I wanted to open he didn't.
The driver's door light didn't flicker and I could not open it until I opened the hood and put another battery.
With the new battery, I tried to start the engine but without success.
The engine is trying to start but can't (spinning but not start).
Problems have arisen from the falling battery or there are other issues that have failing the battery?
With all consumers stopped and car armed consumption is somewhere at 0.11 ( I understand that it should be 0.06)
I checked the errors and I found this:
17811 EGR System: Regulation Divergence (is old error)
16804 Catalyst System Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold (is old error)
16725 Camshaft position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal    (???)
00285 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor ( I changed the sensor )
00920 Heated Outside Mirrors: Driver Side /Passenger side  
01598 Drive Battery Voltage  
00906 Horn (H1)
00975 Heated Rear Window  (Z1)
00668 Supply Voltage Terminal 30

I know that the latest errors are occurred recently because I checked errors before changing the ABS sensor.

What are the causes of the problems?
Best regards,
Cris

Try giving the EGR valve a tap. If it is stuck fully open it would make starting difficult.  A physical hit with something on the outside of the valve body may dislodge it and let it close again.

You know where the EGR valve is, right?

Just noticed that this isn't a new thread, and that the original post is about a completely different engine. What year is the car you're talking about Cris?

Edited by Wino