Rear view camera

ChrisNorthWales

We have a 64 reg Laurin & Klement Yeti. Does anyone know if the optional rear view camera wiring is installed as part of the wiring loom for this model. I've seem the VW rear view camera on Ebay for about £30.00 new. I believe these are the same as those fitted to the Yeti as optional kit. I understand that there would be some software tweaking needed to get the image display on the screen. Has anyone done this installation already?

Welcome Chris

VAG do not fit wiring looms for items not specced from the factory.

You will need the camera, wiring loom and then coding done by VCDS or a dealer to make it all work properly.

There are also two different cameras low and high, the high has moveable guide lines and is the better camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Not fitted one but I think I have the low One (not so good) apparently but I find it a real asset,this is my second vehicle with one and would certainly want one if getting another car,after years of reversing a van by the wing mirrors only ,got fed up hearing and feeling the unexpected BANG.

Can't say why but I far prefer to use the wing mirrors rather than the camera when reversing.  I accept that on a van you don't always have the benefit of the internal mirror to assist.  I suppose it's just one of those personal quirks but fortunately I haven't hit anything in my 50 years of driving.

Your right....... transits with no rear window and no rear view mirror and I've had quite a few hits in the last 40 years but not my vehicle!

The rear camera allows you to check the area behind the car and I use both it and the mirrors to reverse more safely.

Never having had one before I think it is a near essential extra that all vehicles should have

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

The rear camera allows you to check the area behind the car and I use both it and the mirrors to reverse more safely.

Never having had one before I think it is a near essential extra that all vehicles should have

Agree totally with this, just make sure you wipe any water droplets off if it's been raining ☔️