Citigo Sport Engine Mods/Swap

Tomcitigo

Afternoon all.....

New to the forum. Purchased a Black with red stripes Citigo sport in January after my old car was written off after an old lady drove into it whilst it was parked! Anyway I did not imagine going down the Citigo route initially but I am very happy I have done. Great little car. Looking at doing these things to the car:

- Celtic Tuning Remap (I know it doesn't make that much difference but I want to see what it does anyway)

- Cat back exhaust (thinking powerflow but open to suggestions) or a custom stainless steel one (Would REALLY like a central exhaust set up like the mk5 golf r32) but know that the spare wheel well, which is empty, is in the way)

- 16 inch Team Dynamic Motorsport Graphite wheels

- EBC discs and pads

- Strut Bar

- Ebach Springs

- Cold Airfilter

Thinking of doing all of this over the next 12 months or so but in the long run thinking of doing a proper engine and gearbox swap. Possibly something like a K20 EP3 type R engine and gearbox in the front or a V6 in the back?

What are peoples thoughts about it all? Have some of you done similar mods yourselves? Just as an FYI I am a big NA fun over turbo power but will consider supercharging. However I know the citigo gearboxes can't handle massive torque!

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

T

Look to me as your mentor because I have literally done all on that list :D honestly, cat-back exhaust, stuff it, don't bother, get yourself a sports cat, I've had a straight through exhaust in the past with a 200 cell cat and after going back to stock, the car actually felt like it performed better, as for the remap, it's worthwhile to some degree, these kind of mods can be expensive (you're looking into the £800 - £1500 mark, I'm not trying to put you off, but in all honesty in 4 years I've easily put £5k+ into mods) EBC pads, green or yellow, personally I will be upgrading from green to yellow as I feel they've overheated a few times (this is with uprated fluid and not OEM) Ebach springs is a solid move tbh, upgrade the shocks too with either Koni or Bliestiens, I'm currently having to change my suspension from the KW coilovers its on back to H&R springs and buying new shocks, as the drivers side shock has failed catastrophically, strut bars are a good plan, you have to drill holes into the boot side walls and top mounts to fit, so if you're happy with never going back to standard go for it. Any questions at all, literally throw them my way in a PM as I have done tonnes and know my way around the car.

Unless you are a very experienced mechanic or have unlimited funds then an engine swap is not really feasible. So many electronics from the donor car that need to be transplanted and made to work properly for the car to pass the MOT.

I'm guessing that you are quite young. I'm not young any more but have sunk thousands into personalising/customising otherwise very unremarkable cars in my yoof. Not sure that it was worth it with hindsight. :)

if you want to customise/personalise then do so with a few choice mods. If you have performance in mind then just enjoy the Citigo for what it is right now and save the pennies for something like a Polo GTI or a Cooper S.

• Like 2