Replace key battery warning

Just curious as after all my years of working on VW cars I've never seen the warning "Replace key battery" 

it popped up on my car before on the MFD, the speed that was displayed went off and that message popped up for five seconds before going back to displaying current speed.

Edited by hutchysrs50

Seems to happen a lot in these cars. I got it the first time after I had the car about six months, sucked me in that time. I've seen it pop up a couple of times in the four years since, but the remote keeps on working, so I haven't bothered replacing it.:wondering:

I think thats a maxi dot thing? Not heard of it on the mere mortals display!

Edited by mrgf

Tempted to put a dead battery in to see if my car will give me the warning as it didn't give me any headlight warning when I took a headlight bulb out and turned the lights on to see if the CAN-BUS would warn me like in the manual!

4 hours ago, JGrindel said:

Tempted to put a dead battery in to see if my car will give me the warning as it didn't give me any headlight warning when I took a headlight bulb out and turned the lights on to see if the CAN-BUS would warn me like in the manual!

I don't think it works like that for the battery but worth playing with to find out.

also the canbus doesn't work for headlight but will for sidelights and everything els :)

1 hour ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I don't think it works like that for the battery but worth playing with to find out.

also the canbus doesn't work for headlight but will for sidelights and everything els :)

The manual shows that the maxi dot will say front left headlight if it fails. Will find picture tomorrow 

• Like 1