Project Sirus

Hiya MartiniB,

Yeah mine has DCC as well.... Interestingly my friend also said it expected it to look more 'lowered' than it was when I sent him the first pictures...

It looks to have settled down a bit by the end of the day... I guess the effect of the spring being stretched when the car was in the air for a time ??..

Baring in mind the picture above is slightly deceiving as the car is park on a slight slope with weight distributed more towards the nose of the car

Or have I missed a step :sweat: ??????....

As I haven't made alteration to the springs/dampers etc etc ??.

I had a good drive in it yesterday and I have to say I can feel more 'wheel wooble' when going over surfaces...I just attributed this to having bigger wheels and maybe the guy who fitted my tyres didn't balance them as well as he could have...

Edited by Zenbasses

Car looks much more 'prestige' now :) I'm having the same wheels fitted today.

I did/do like the Pegasus wheels we had on L&K as standard but they aren't quite big enough in my opinion. Is the ride still comfortable? I hope it doesn't make too much of a negative difference, but I guess comfort mode is still available! :D 

@Zenbasses

focus on wheels centers, yours goes little bit under painted "red" line

i feel mine is too low and also i'm trying prove to dealer something is wrong with my car

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/414829-suspension-rattle-dull-thud-over-uneven-surfaces/#comment-4886034

10 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Ahh... Sold ! Didn't spot ! Damn !

I have the same ones for sale @Nick_H see here:

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

I have the same ones for sale @Nick_H see here:

Cheers for that :-) bit too far for me. Attraction was Leeds for the other set... I know i'm a lazy git !

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Superb is looking really good @Zenbasses :thumbup:

EDIT: Is the cat under the car on the 2nd pic??? 

You didn't spot her this time  .. She is a poser.... And likes to get a piece of the action... RE: Google link 

Edited by Zenbasses

Thanks everyone for the kind posts... Loving the wheels

Not loving the wheel wooble. 

I check and to my horror found not one wheel has a weight on it.. The tyre guy never balanced them.. Hence why between 50-70 I get a tremor through the wheel. 

I've let them know but said I didn't want them to correct it as I was going to a 'proper' garage to have to done.. 

Cowboys 

I've also noticed the rim on one of the wheels is slightly marked where I guess a crowbar type tool is used the fit the tyre to the  wheel...  Some  also few have hair line scratches on the face of the spokes

They were absolutely perfect before they went on.. I did say to them its my responsibility to keep them tip top and not to  mark them.. If I wanted them marked I would use the kerb as a brake... 

We will see if anything comes of it but I suspect it will be a 'prove it' scenario . The guy is self employed and came highly recommended. So I reckon doesn't have a pocket big enough to compensate.. 

https://www.ids-tyres.co.uk

Avoid..... 

slightly gutted as I don't think I'll be able to polish out the scratches to the clear coat :(.. 

Noone would notice but I noticed and it boiled my blood for a second... 

Edited by Zenbasses

1 hour ago, Zenbasses said:

You didn't spot her this time  .. She is a poser.... And likes to get a piece of the action... RE: Google link 

Actually you maybe right.... I can see the reflection/shiny thing b ehind the front wheel arch.. 

Check the last picture on the Google link.. Heheh...

15 hours ago, Zenbasses said:

Thanks everyone for the kind posts... Loving the wheels

Not loving the wheel wooble. 

I check and to my horror found not one wheel has a weight on it.. The tyre guy never balanced them.. Hence why between 50-70 I get a tremor through the wheel. 

I've let them know but said I didn't want them to correct it as I was going to a 'proper' garage to have to done.. 

Cowboys 

I've also noticed the rim on one of the wheels is slightly marked where I guess a crowbar type tool is used the fit the tyre to the  wheel...  Some  also few have hair line scratches on the face of the spokes

They were absolutely perfect before they went on.. I did say to them its my responsibility to keep them tip top and not to  mark them.. If I wanted them marked I would use the kerb as a brake... 

We will see if anything comes of it but I suspect it will be a 'prove it' scenario . The guy is self employed and came highly recommended. So I reckon doesn't have a pocket big enough to compensate.. 

https://www.ids-tyres.co.uk

Avoid..... 

slightly gutted as I don't think I'll be able to polish out the scratches to the clear coat :(.. 

Noone would notice but I noticed and it boiled my blood for a second... 

That's annoying :sadsmile: I hope they aren't too badly marked :sadsmile: I had mine fitted yesterday and I got half way back to work before noticing my steering wheel wasn't on straight! Why can't people do a proper job eh... 

Edited by drewellis