Kodiaq Reversible Boot Mat 3" too small

Does anybody know why the double sided boot mat for car with spare wheel ( part No. 565 061 163A ) is about 3" too short?
See attached photo's
It's sort of all right with rubber side up but with textile finish up it slides forward and backwards. But for £91.00 I would expect a good fit.

vizslabob

Kodiaq Boot Mat 1 jpg.jpg

Kodiaq Boot Mat 2.jpg

Edited by vizslabob
missing word

It might be that it is designed for the 5-seater. Therefore the fit isn't perfect in the 7-seater.

• Like 1

I have tweeted Skoda UK have had the "will look into it" reply You might be right on it being for the 5 seater. Mine is a 7. It is listed for the 7 seater on Skoda car configuration web site.  

Yep, ours is the same. I'm hoping our hound will sit on the rubber bit. I suspect though she'll curl up in the corners and distribute her fur evenly over the exposed bits of the third row seat backs and first aid cubby hole.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2017 at 12:47, vizslabob said:

Just found a good solution from German supplier.

It fits very well after heating up with hairdryer as instructed.

The centre portion has an anti-slip soft finish which is good to stop luggage and dogs sliding around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302401557753

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

I followed suit and have now fitted the much bigger plastic liner.

It seems a thinner construction than similar looking mats that I've used in previous cars.

Delivery was very prompt and I was relieved that it flattened out after a coup!e of days under a bed, because it was rolled up quite tightly.

The only niggle in the 7 seater of course is having to leave the mat at home when using Row 3 seats.

More of a nuisance if you didn't plan on using the seats when you left home.