1.2 TSI occasionally stuttering

emix2001

Hi friends, 

my may '12 yeti has a strange behaviour in 5-6th gear pushin from 1.5 to 2k rpms. Occoasionally, there seems to be some strange vibrations, like misfiring or so. Doesn't always happen, and can not be noted on lower gears. Anybody doing the same? PS car, even if is 5 years old, has run only 14 K Kms. 

Very low km's (mileage) maybe still needs some servicing and maintenance and consumables, spark plugs inspected maybe replaced, coils checked, 

even a inline fuel filter replaced if the cars sits lots doing nothing and fuel tank gets condensation / H2o.

Maybe a Software Update needing or at least the ECU checked for any fault codes.

Maybe an Italian Tune up is in order, or maybe in Italy that is called a Spanish Tune up.

Emix,you may be labouring the engine,those RPM you use seem too low especially using 6th gear,try using a lower gear, maybe 4th to accelerate away,my 1.2 TSI does not like being in 6th gear at 30MPH I have to use 5th.     

Car has been serviced from official network twice as recommended. Oil, filters, etc replaced each time. The repairman did not note the issue testing the car. At 1800 rpm you are traveling at 80 km/h in 5th gear, so not infrequently you exit a roundabout and simply push. But never noted such a behavior. It is fluid till 2000 rpm then sometimes vibrates like uneven road.

Edited by emix2001

Oil & Filters and that will be about it, and maybe brake fluid changed, if they wait until the Service Schedule / Guideline time to check the spark plugs or change it will be long enough till you get to  64,500 km's.  Maybe 20 years or more...

But isn't it strange that it occurs only in higher gears? Tried pushing in 2-3rd but doesn't happen. The matter is that until the repairman doesn't see they refuses any change, and going in dark is expensive. Was wandering if anyone else had this issue. Ps engine has been produced on march 2012, so there shouldn't be any issue with chain etc.

Edited by emix2001

Your car, you pay the garage / mechanic / technician so if you think there is an issue then ask to have it checked, i pointed out what might need checking or changing, not sure what you want to hear, is it that your Yeti runs as it should just ignore it!

Sounds like contaminated fuel or condensation in fuel line, my guess is there is something in the fuel line (even a small airlock) causing hesitation when you try and draw more fuel at speed.

4 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Your car, you pay the garage / mechanic / technician so if you think there is an issue then ask to have it checked, i pointed out what might need checking or changing, not sure what you want to hear, is it that your Yeti runs as it should just ignore it!

Made same hypothesis, but it hard to enter the repair shop if nobody hears you. Hard to find time to go and no different shop in area. So I was wondering if anyone had same issue to ask something straight. I will try again one of these saturdays, even if holiday time is approaching for the dealer. Perhaps I will try with tune up fuel line cleaner, then go for spark plugs. 

Best try getting it read to see if any fault codes, or whip the spark plugs out and check or have that done.

30 minute job if you are concerned that all is well with it.

?

Does the car sit for long periods then do short journeys and is the tank always kept full of petrol when sitting?

6 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Best try getting it read to see if any fault codes, or whip the spark plugs out and check or have that done.

30 minute job if you are concerned that all is well with it.

?

Does the car sit for long periods then do short journeys and is the tank always kept full of petrol when sitting?

Yes, that's exactly my condition 

• 10 months later...

Really don't know, need to look in the car servichihistory from the previous owner.

Is the simptoms sounds like it could be the spark plugs or the ignition leads?

What model of spark plugs goes on the 2012 1.2 tsi engine? the engine type is CBZ.

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. been in the garage for changing timing belt, also changed the spark plugs, spark lead and spark wires. the problem is still there when i drives the car on 5-6th gear from around 2000 rpm to about 3000 rpm. there is light vibration that you can feel in the car and some louder noise from the gear or the engine.

Edited by System_X

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I have 1.2 TSI - 2011 - Octavia.

Same problem.

when i drives the car on 4-5-6th gear and slightly accelerating and I am in range between 2000 rpm to about 3000 rpm there is occasionally stuttering.

I were in several service (one time at official Skoda service) with this problem, but no body knows the issue.

There is no error code.

Is there any suggestion here? Thnx.

Might be a faulty fuel pump, from where it pumps from fuel tank

For a car of this age might also be some water from condensation in fuel tank, does your occasional happening coincide with a particular fuel level in the tank, or a specific incline (road on hill), if so suggests the petrol is floating on a layer of water in the tank.

59 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Might be a faulty fuel pump, from where it pumps from fuel tank

For a car of this age might also be some water from condensation in fuel tank, does your occasional happening coincide with a particular fuel level in the tank, or a specific incline (road on hill), if so suggests the petrol is floating on a layer of water in the tank.

Hi & thanks.

Very good, it was my first thing to do, so fuel pump was replaced right after the first sign of this error approx. three weeks ago. (Before it was replaced in 2017 130.000Km). Now, I have 160.000km in the car.

I am afraid it some kind of turbo problem. 😞

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2019 at 16:04, istimassza said:

Hi & thanks.

Very good, it was my first thing to do, so fuel pump was replaced right after the first sign of this error approx. three weeks ago. (Before it was replaced in 2017 130.000Km). Now, I have 160.000km in the car.

I am afraid it some kind of turbo problem. 😞

On 09/08/2019 at 16:04, istimassza said:

Hey!

I have the same problem on my 2012 Skoda yeti CBZB (1.2tsi) code engine with manual 6 speed gearbox.

There is an rattle/vibration only on 5th and 6th gears and only from around 2200 rpm to 2700 rpm, before and after this rpm everithing is fine.

The spark plugs and lids are new, the timing chain are new, the engine and gear mounts are new and more parts, the car is well served.

I have this car for a year and a half from 74,000 km to 97,000 km for now.