Wind noise

Teflon1

My first Yeti and did not notice on test drive but obviously distracted at the time. Above 60 mph there is an obvious wind noise from the drivers A pillar, is this normal? Coming from a Jeep Renegade used to the aerodynamic shape.

Have to say that even up to a theoretical 85mph the car is very quiet with very little wind noise. Even with the full roof open 60 is nice if it is not windy weather 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

Bit late but the black trim on exterior will be the cause.  It can be fixed easily. 

Level 2 Auto Glass Technician.

Please can you explain why it makes wind noise?  What is the problem they are fixing?

Thanks

14 hours ago, R1100 said:

Please can you explain why it makes wind noise?  What is the problem they are fixing?

Thanks

Wind between plastic and the Glass, it can be a real pain, the rubber on the A- pillar trim can also cause whistle if not seated on glass. When we changed a screen if it sat closer to the Aperture than before then the A pillar would not seat against glass and cause wind noise.

Fixes are pop off plastic trim and silicone up! Care when removing as clips can break.

• Like 2

On 17/07/2017 at 20:47, Robjon said:

Mine is wonderfully free of wind noise, even at 70mph.

Now if only I could get rid of the tyre noise...

Anybody got a magic cure