Oil Leak! 3 Months Old!

Hello everyone,

Over the past few days I've noticed small patches of oil on my drive, didn't think much of it until last night, after parking up after driving for about half hour, left the car for a few hours before moving it and noticed a fresh oil patch. Took it to work today (I work in a garage) and put it up on a ramp, the whole under tray and underneath of the engine and suspension was covered in oil!

Took it to the nearest Skoda today and I've left it in their capable hands, any one else had an oil leak so early on?

Mileage is only 4700 and only bought it in March this year!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, auditek said:

Check my first post in this thread

Initially that's what I thought but the cap is on secure and there's no oil on the top of the engine so it's definitely coming out from the bottom somewhere, hopefully I'll find out today

Stuff goes wrong sometimes. For complex manufactured things they either go wrong when they are new, or when they wear out, and rarely (but sometimes) in-between. 

That's why you have a warranty - to protect you against faulty parts and manufacturing. 

10 hours ago, Orville said:

It could be a split plastic oil sump. Mine delepoped a crack after the Missus ran over a rock hidden within a grass verge. The sump was pretty easy to replace by myself.

edit: Here's my story.

The tdi has a metal sump and a proper sump plug. 

• 11 months later...
On 17/07/2017 at 22:06, mpwood123 said:

Hello everyone,

Over the past few days I've noticed small patches of oil on my drive, didn't think much of it until last night, after parking up after driving for about half hour, left the car for a few hours before moving it and noticed a fresh oil patch. Took it to work today (I work in a garage) and put it up on a ramp, the whole under tray and underneath of the engine and suspension was covered in oil!

Took it to the nearest Skoda today and I've left it in their capable hands, any one else had an oil leak so early on?

Mileage is only 4700 and only bought it in March this year!

Yeah my 2016 Tdi vrs est has oil leak found by tech on second service been in a week now leak from engine through bolt thread behinde flywheel I think