Driving the Citigo

Ronn

Hi,

I'm a pensioner well past retirement age but, I don't Drive like someone in 'God's Waiting Room' I still enjoy Driving.

My Wife has had a New Citigo SE L 75PS Green Tech.

I Drive it a lot & I must say I think it's a superb Driving Platform with Good Handling Manners & is well screwed together.

But, I seen many vids on YouTube of Young Men (always on Continental Europe), Driving it as a Performance Car.

I enjoy Driving Smartly myself & have tried doing so in the Citigo!

It Handles with Confidence & remains Stable at Speed, even on Twisty Roads, so the Floor Pan & Balance of the Car are Sound.

However, I do find the little 3 cyl Engine rather Thrashy at Speed (as you'd probably expect) & the Clutch/Gearbox feels a little Fragile.

Any Comments?

Essentially the 1.0 engine has been developed to make use of all the rev's in pursuit of extracting the performance from the citigo with its low kerb weight. As with all N/A engineered cars if you feeling spirited in your driving style its very important to keep the vehicle momentum going as braking of dropping out of the power band isn't a great feeling to remain in spirited mood.

If you are seeking a thump of torque from low rev's then personally i believe many would be disappointed.... that what forced induction engine is delivers in spades.

Handling & ride for me is one of the Citigo main attributes, its in credible comfy on longer journeys. We opted for the standard (not lowered or greentech suspension) but upgraded to larger alloys and we get the best of style with comfort :)

• 3 weeks later...