Snow foam, which one?

Vrsboi

Can anyone reccomend a good snowfoam at around £20-30 or cheaper to use with a k2 full control pressure washer with a snow foam attachment?

I have read and watched good reviews on Pro-kleen snowfoams of ebay, has anyone used them before?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Bilt Hamber auto foam is what i use...   not massively 'foamy' like some but works well

+1 more foam from other brands without a doubt 

But for cleaning ability it's unbeatable 

Megs hyperwash comes 2nd for me personally 

I've tried three foams to date. AutoBrite Magifoam, Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and Auto Finesse Avalanche. The Auto Foam and Avalanche seem to perform equally very well but I prefer the thick foam from the later which clings a bit better. Both of them are much better than the Magifoam which didn't compare with the others.

If you've got the Karcher foam lancers  I would suggest upgrading it to AutoBrite foam lance (or copy of). The Karcher ones worked but only due to the amount of product they used. Getting an AutoBrite lance will save you money within the year if you're a regular user.  

• Like 1

Ultimate Finish's own brand snow foam for me. Pretty cheap and even in a 10:1 dilution it works wonders. Foams up nice and runs down the body pretty quickly taking all the road junk with it!

I'm also a fan of Krystal Kleen Detail's Blizzard. Bubllegum version smells incredible lol!

Edited by Ally_bassman
  • Like 1

My preference:

1/ Bilt Hamber Auto Foam - not designed to foam up thick or dwell for ages... but it is by far the best I have used at cleaning the car.

2/ KKD Blizzard - quite thick and dwells well, pretty good at cleaning the car (not as good as Auto Foam though)

3/ AutoBrite Magifoam - again fairly thick, wasn’t overly impressed with the cleaning though

4/ Valet pro Ph neutral - didn’t get on well with this, didn’t foam brilliantly or clean that well IMO

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gizmo said:

My preference:

1/ Bilt Hamber Auto Foam - not designed to foam up thick or dwell for ages... but it is by far the best I have used at cleaning the car.

2/ KKD Blizzard - quite thick and dwells well, pretty good at cleaning the car (not as good as Auto Foam though)

3/ AutoBrite Magifoam - again fairly thick, wasn’t overly impressed with the cleaning though

4/ Valet pro Ph neutral - didn’t get on well with this, didn’t foam brilliantly or clean that well IMO

+1 for Gizmo's list - all good options and worthy of testing.

If you are unsure - speak with Andy at CYR (CleanYourRide) and get a selection of samples at very reasonable prices.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not long started using a pressure washer, K2 full control, and purchased the Monstershine Lance and 5 litres of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam about 2 weeks ago and so far it's really impressed me with its cleaning power.... 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 08:34, CWARD said:

If you've got the Karcher foam lancers  I would suggest upgrading it to AutoBrite foam lance (or copy of). The Karcher ones worked but only due to the amount of product they used. Getting an AutoBrite lance will save you money within the year if you're a regular user.  

Interesting.  I've got the Karcher foam lance.  It was really good with ValetPro neutral. I may get another gun just to see if it uses less for the same amount of foam. :) 

I bought a Karcher Fj10c which I was fairly impressed with but it used a lot of product.  I then bought a new Karcher F4 jet wash and it came with Fj6 which I tried once and found it inferior to the Fj10C. Then my birthday came around and my brother bought me the Autobrite Snow Foam lance and it was much better in all ways creating a thick foam that clung to the car for longer and used a lot less product in doing so. I would estimate that the Autobrite lance will pay for itself within a year on the cost of product saved.

Anyone interested in the Karcher FJ6 snow foam lance is welcome to come collect it from me as it's sat on my work bench taking up space.

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 1

On 23/07/2017 at 22:40, greenineboss said:

Can anyone reccomend a good snowfoam at around £20-30 or cheaper to use with a k2 full control pressure washer with a snow foam attachment?

I have read and watched good reviews on Pro-kleen snowfoams of ebay, has anyone used them before?

Thanks

Auto Finesse Avalanche is really thick foam. I have and do use the pink pro kleen  good value not as thick as the auto finesse but cleans fairly good. As its only a pre wash is good value for a weekly clean.

If the car was really dirty { which is rare } i would use Auto finesse avalanche.  I use 250ml to a litre bottle and a kranzle pressure washer which is brilliant.