more power.. / BHP - FABIA VRS

OK so I know about stage 1 remap which I may do soon! but this only give up to say 200-210 hp from the 177 standard.  Any ideas on giving me additional BHP and what I can likely to get it up to? engine mods, exhaust mods? etc any info will help ! thank you!

awesome, I have no idea what CAI, ITG or the TMG is.... hahaa! but happy to learn is there a website for this and how much do they cost to fit? but this all helps with my list

31 minutes ago, danman5k said:

awesome, I have no idea what CAI, ITG or the TMG is.... hahaa! but happy to learn is there a website for this and how much do they cost to fit? but this all helps with my list

Sorry, i'll explain,

CAI stands for cold air intake (induction kit) The ITG maxogen while pricey, made a real difference to the car. TMC is a brand of tuning boxes. I had one fitted to my car as at the time (3 years ago), remaps for the 1.4tsi were not common place.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/itg/itg-maxogen-1-4tsi-a1-fabia-seat-ibiza-6j-polo-6r-induction-kit/

Edited by Ally_bassman

Ok sweet thanks for that !    -  Do people recommend stage one? or just do what you did above ?   can the DSG auto handle it I guess as heard mixed things about it having trouble with extra torque under a remap? its interesting to hear as I could use standard upgrades for additional power rather than messing with Mapping.

First you might want to know what you have because maybe it is remapped, maybe the XDS is set at other than factory setting etc.

So best put in good spark plugs, good air filter, good oil and 99 ron super unleaded then get it on a Dyno.

You might have 185 bhp as it is, and maybe more.

A Stage 1 Remap will give 205 hp plus, as will a TMS or Bluespark Tuning Box.

Best avoid a Revo Stage 1 map, to risky....

http://goapr.co.uk 

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues 

The warnings are good, be sure you have a sound and good running engine before tuning.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I got a race chip 211bhp (stated haven't had it on a rolling road but it's very noticeable )Absolute flying machine ........ issue with it though , engine management light is on . Guessing it's running lean . Any advice guys ?