New Monte Carlo paint protection???

Trev2

Just got myself a brand new pre-registered Monte Carlo Estate (photos coming soon), and it's only the second new car I've had.  The last one was 25 years ago and I drove it out of the showroom and never thought of giving it any paint protection.  I'm planning on this one being a keeper, so I'd like your advice on what I should do while it is still blemish free, to keep it looking gorgeous? (apart from leaving it in the garage and never driving it:) ) Many thanks.

Edited by Trev2

New car detail.

Mine cost £900 for a quartz coating. About £3-400 for a full wax. I think someone else was quoted approx £2k to wrap a Superb Estate. Get a proper detailer to do it. Not your dealer.

Got to be honest and admit I had absolutely no idea it would be that much.:speechless:

So I guess I'm going to have to do it myself, and having just retired, I have the time (if not the money:sadsmile:) to spend on it.

I'm looking to do it now, and then again just before winter, then in spring and so on.

This is all new ground to me, never waxed a car in my life, so a recommendation on what products to buy would be a great help.  Many thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trev2 said:

Got to be honest and admit I had absolutely no idea it would be that much.:speechless:

So I guess I'm going to have to do it myself, and having just retired, I have the time (if not the money:sadsmile:) to spend on it.

I'm looking to do it now, and then again just before winter, then in spring and so on.

This is all new ground to me, never waxed a car in my life, so a recommendation on what products to buy would be a great help.  Many thanks.

Sounds like you have time to do some detailing and perhaps enjoy it.

Lots of useful advise on this forum and helpful members..... read through the pages or search.

If you need more detail - you can try Detailing World - sometimes too much info!

Dont rush in and spend too much cash - can all be done on a budget and get great results.

For example - on the EZ Care Care thread i have posted up a link to some discounts.

A basic detailing kit there with 25% off, or head into Halfords and AutoGlym is good too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bignij said:

New car detail.

Mine cost £900 for a quartz coating. About £3-400 for a full wax. I think someone else was quoted approx £2k to wrap a Superb Estate. Get a proper detailer to do it. Not your dealer.

If you're serious about having your car looking great all year round I'd go with the above....a new car detail by a professional.

I'd also expect to pay much less than the above for such given the size of your car, albeit you'll still be looking at £400 to £600 with the application of a good ceramic coating.

The ceramic coatings are good for a couple of years if you look after your car....the initial outlay may be expensive but it will save you time and money during that period in terms of keeping your car looking good. 

You'll not get a better opportunity to get it done right first time whilst new.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I spent all that time on the internet getting the price down and playing one dealer off against another to save loads of cash, only to find that the new car needs a £1200 - £1300 wash.

That'd pay for 260 visits to my Kurdish mates car wash team at the old petrol station.  Well, I think I'll just get them to wash it every week for the next 5 years. 

Mind you this car might be a keeper - call it every 2 weeks for the next 10 years then.

• Like 3