Check Daytime running lights/Side lights Error

Hi guys,

Any ideas? Should I be taking it to the dealer?

Had an error message come up a few times, but every time I switch off it goes away. Still not 100% sure which lights should work when but can't see an obvious problem. The lower strip does go out when I am indicating, but don't know if that is deliberate so the indicator is more obvious? Car is only a month old and done 662 miles so shouldn't have any faults, don't want to be making loads of visits to the dealer for them to find nothing, haven't found a way to keep the message or cause the fault to appear.

597e438596b7c_2017-07-3015_35_30.thumb.jpg.b342ca20682ed9275add6d3092060d2d.jpg597e44611be12_2017-07-1017_40_55.thumb.jpg.d0b1bc3b80bf1a6c04c13c48c139c713.jpg

I had this message today as well, except it was to check the left side daytime running light... I've had this message now total 3 times the past 2 months since I got the car, but haven't bothered checking in with Skoda's service, as this problem has always gone away after simple ignition off and on.. However after this 3rd time I've started to wonder now if it would be better take it to service to have it checked. But I'm also afraid the dealer wont find anything.

* I just realised the camera shutter didn't catch the led strip lit up properly on the car picture, but I can assure it was there

light-error.jpg

light-error-2.png

Edited by Martastico
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, knfruitbat said:

Still not 100% sure which lights should work when but can't see an obvious problem.

The DRL / sidelight is the LED strip as pictured here.

During the day (headlights off) it should be at full brightness.

When you (or the car - Auto) turn on side lights / dipped headlights the LED strip stays illuminated but dims to perform the role of side light.

There have been quite a few issues reported on the MkII Skoda Octavia with the LED DRL's, the fault being intermittent. Get it booked in sooner rather than later...

image.png

As you've observed, the LED turns off completely when you indicate and comes back on when the indicator is cancelled.

Edited by silver1011

Booked in for Friday for a quick check, they said it maybe a software or controller problem. If it is wiring related I will have to book it in again, so will update in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a similar intermittent fault with the left front indicator. Same symptoms and same results i.e. clears after a restart. Got an oil change service coming up in the next month so will get them to chthe do it over then.