Light/rain sensor for Octavia MK3

Hi giys,

As some of you know that I had a light/rain sensor and hba controle module faulty..so my seller replaced the Light/rain sensor plus the whole rear view mirror to get these issues fixed..apparently I have noticed that the light rain sensor they put is quite diifferent the one I had before..original one had total six blue coloured sensors in a circular look, like all the Octavia has. the one they put has two sensors only..

look at the pictures below please. 2nd one was the one i had.

Is there anything I am missing? Like humidity sensor,card reader anything like that..why this one has two sensors where the original one had six..could anyone tell me whether I should challange them to get the original one..or they all functiins same..

IMG_20170731_195234.jpg

OCTY.JPG

Edited by automass

No, you're not missing anything. The one you had before was fitted up to MY2014 or MY 2015 (not sure) - part number is probably 5Q0 955 547. Later it looks like the one you have now - part number is probably 8U0 955 559C. If you would take it off, you would see it has same number of sensors, just that the 4 big ones are not blue colored, but are dark and you can't see them thru the windshield. 

dunetady.jpg

Edited by milanj
  • Like 2

Thanks milanj for your reply..I got your point now..but what about RLHS and RLFS..before I had RLFS (From my old scanned report) and now when I scanned the car with OBDEleven, I can see it is RLHS.

11 minutes ago, automass said:

Thanks milanj for your reply..I got your point now..but what about RLHS and RLFS..before I had RLFS (From my old scanned report) and now when I scanned the car with OBDEleven, I can see it is RLHS.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, threadbear said:

My Octavia has rain/light sensors and is the same as the new one fitted to your car. It works fine and my car was registered in September 16. 

Nice to know this..its a great relief..thanks for your chip in threadbear.

• 1 year later...

Guys..its shocking and unbeliebale, my HBA controle module got faulty again. I had it replaced with a brand new one and now again today i have found out that controle module faulty..how on earth this module gets faulty!!! it seems like i am driving my old citrone car who used have sensor problems every now and then. could anyone advice me what is the cheapest option to get it fixed? thank you.

6 hours ago, automass said:

Guys..its shocking and unbeliebale, my HBA controle module got faulty again. I had it replaced with a brand new one and now again today i have found out that controle module faulty..how on earth this module gets faulty!!! it seems like i am driving my old citrone car who used have sensor problems every now and then. could anyone advice me what is the cheapest option to get it fixed? thank you.

The cheapest method is to claim on the Warranty for the replacement part as it’s only 6mths old

• 1 year later...