Yeti black sills

ywyetinym

12 minutes ago, Wheelie1 said:

Hi, sorry, I can't answer your question, but if i knew, i would have all 4 doors done with the stuff, from the bump-strip down lol!

Mally.

Take more water with It Mally:biggrin:

• Like 1

ok....stone cold sober now! just been thinking bout your opening post. just been & looked, they're not so much 'coated', more like a plastic overpanel. if i get my fingers underneath, i can feel them giving, or coming away slightly. so they're (removeable ?) sill skirts.

probabley made from same material as bumpers.

i still stand by my previous statement re door bottoms though lol.

The yeti black plastic sills are exactly that . On the Outdoor they're basically an 'oversill', and along with the matching black plastics on the lower parts of the bumpers, they give the Outdoor a more rugged look and to help protect the lower parts of the vehicle from rough surfaces.

If the black plastics have had some sort of extra protective coating added, it'll be something a Garage has done as a part of their pre-sale vehicle preparation, or something a previous owner has done.

58 minutes ago, Wheelie1 said:

ok....stone cold sober now! just been thinking bout your opening post. just been & looked, they're not so much 'coated', more like a plastic overpanel. if i get my fingers underneath, i can feel them giving, or coming away slightly. so they're (removeable ?) sill skirts.

probabley made from same material as bumpers.

i still stand by my previous statement re door bottoms though lol.

Seems like a very good idea to have the plastic coating or overpanel reason I asked is i recently treated one sill panel with armorall sealant purely to see If It would make the sill area easier to clean, however I am not sure its a good idea to use the paint sealants on plastic It may cause them to discolour after any amount of reapplication.Certainly beads water well after treating but the jury Is still out as to wether or not the crud comes off easier or not.

Never used armorall myself, so can't really comment re reactivity with the plastic. I do though, on a regular basis, give my sills a spray with the silicone, when I do the tyres. Looks good & water beads off well, though it doesn't last more than a few car washes.

@Clive Yeah, you're so right about the 'rugged look'. My Greenline looks so very rugged you wouldn't believe it LOL!

Mally.

I have used it on all surfaces including windows. 3 years on and no problems yet. 

Amazing stuff it works well on my trials bike and the mud comes off that without using stuff like 'pro-clean' :thumbup: 

4 hours ago, RickT said:

I have used it on all surfaces including windows. 3 years on and no problems yet. 

Amazing stuff it works well on my trials bike and the mud comes off that without using stuff like 'pro-clean' :thumbup: 

When you say amazing stuff Rick are you talking about armorall sealant or silicone I presume its armoral and yes your right It does appear to be good but there must be better stuff about all the OCD detailing guys say all armoral stuff Is garbage.

Just now, ywyetinym said:

When you say amazing stuff Rick are you talking about armorall sealant or silicone I presume its armoral and yes your right It does appear to be good but there must be better stuff about all the OCD detailing guys say all armoral stuff Is garbage.

OOps sorry rick just read the other post asking the same question!

I'm pleased with it anyway, I also use it on my sportsbike, helmet & visor and can definitely say no flies on me! :D  

The car when new was treated with Gard-X that didn't bead up or shine as well as I wanted, so I used A'All and it looked instantly better. 3 years later I clayed it then re-applied more, I wished I'd saved the money and just used this stuff. My opinion of Gard-X is it's Garb-xge.  

Each to their own.

• Haha 1