I started a tread about this earlyer today. I've put all the info I have found out there. 

I'm a limited edition owner, are you also? So far it's appearing as tho the limiteds are the ones affected.

This recall for the ABS/ESC module, is not just limited to Octavia or vRs as both my daughter  08 Diesel Golf  1.9tdi and my 09 Octavia vRS Le have both got the letter. I am going to check with CAB as to legal issue about them updating the Emissions issue @ the same time ! as they aren't touching that! I will let you know what CAB say.

• Like 2

If you own your car then 'The Fix' for emissions is not a Safety Recall.

Not a UK DVSA Recall so just give no permission to anyone to do 'The Fix' if you do not want it.  Put Tape & a sticker on the OBD Port saying do not touch for Emissions REmap.

http://gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled 

**ODD THAT NO RECALL IS SHOWING.**

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

As to the ABS Service Campaign or RECALL then surely it should be on the DVSA Official Recall checker and a Safety Critical Recall, 

and something that Owners / Registered keepers should have doing after getting VW Group written assurances that they are doing Safety Critical Related work only, 

guaranteeing it and taking responsibility for any future failures due to Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, Sourcing or Quality Control Failures on their part or any agents doing remedial work on their behalf.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Not had a letter as I am the second owner of a 2011 1.4 TSI.

Would I be eligible for the work to be done free of charge or is it just for first owners? Also is it something to worry about? Not had any issues.

^^^ 

If Safety Critical which is seems to be in other World Regions then the VW Group is getting Registered Keepers contact details from the DVLA and not just VW / Dealership records.

Unless VW Group have convinced the DVSA again that they can be trusted to do a Service / Recall Action Campaign it should be a Full DVSA Recall.

Free Remedial Work, not just a Service Campaign when vehicles or people are in at a Dealership.

The issue is where VW Group in the UK / Europe have done Voluntary SErvice Campaign Recall Actions like on DQ200 7 speed DSG and Registered Keepers never get contacted.

Some how the DVSA in the UK seem fine with that.....

• Thanks 1

I'm the second owner of my car and got the letter, it had both Skoda and DVSA logo on the envelope, so suggests they're working together.

If giving Registered Keepers contact details to the VW Group is working together, then that is what HMG Agency the DVLA do with RECALLS, or where the DVSA agree a manufacturer can get the Registered Keepers contact information for a Voluntary Service Campaign / Recall Action.

The VW Group or any Manufacturer should make clear what they are contacting you for and if it is a RECALL that should be and needs doing, 

because with the VW Emissions Fix they make some gullible people believe they need to take their vehicle in, or the Call Centre staff do and the letters they keep sending out to some.

RECALLS should be here.

http://gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled 

Maverick    if it falls into the category regarding the part (I guess) it will need doing ,a phone call should sort it    "support your local sheriff "    sorry dealer (ship)    P.S.    they DO know now:sleepy:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Polar said:

I'm the second owner of my car and got the letter, it had both Skoda and DVSA logo on the envelope, so suggests they're working together.

I'm then guessing you bought your car from a Skoda dealership? Unfortunately I did not. Had it from Fords of Windsford so guessing I won't get a letter, unless as mentioned all owners on the DVLA register are notified.

I guess if you want to find out if your effected, then you'd have to head here:

And pop in your chassis number. When I do mine it tells me I'm subject to a recall.

We don't know yet if it's all cars of a certain age or just those with a certain part or set of options - Skoda haven't given a lot of detail about which cars are effected. The letter just refers to "a limted production period"

It did not tell you what Recall Action was outstanding did it, saying that your vehicle was affected by the ABS issue?

Just that a Recall Action was outstanding.

Skoda UK / CZ really need to sort out VIN checkers, they never had ones in the UK until a few years ago, then often it is down, does not respond and if it does is not always correct.

When the UK Government / DVSA RECALL Site has Recalls it gives VIN Number Series and Manufacture Between Dates etc, 

Recall started etc.   As should Skoda UK do really.

Edited by Awayoffski

22 hours ago, Polar said:

I guess if you want to find out if your effected, then you'd have to head here:

And pop in your chassis number. When I do mine it tells me I'm subject to a recall.

We don't know yet if it's all cars of a certain age or just those with a certain part or set of options - Skoda haven't given a lot of detail about which cars are effected. The letter just refers to "a limted production period"

Thanks for that link. Popped my vin in and it tells me no recalls for my car. Happy days :)

Not really, that Skoda UK VIN checker is not 100% Accurate on other 'Service Campaign / Recall Actions'.

Just call into or phone a Skoda Main Dealership, or Skoda UK Customer Services and find out if your vehicle is one that needs a Recall Action.

Not sure why others put off calling Skoda Dealerships after getting the letter and get the vehicle in if the Recall Action is a safety matter and a fix is needed.

It is not like the Emissions Scandal VW voluntary 'recall'.

• Like 1