Service schedule

DavidMark

I have just changed my service regime to "fixed".

Can anyone supply me with a list of what needs checked or replace and  what mileage?

Dealer either cant of wont.

Haynes manuals were good for this but a Yeti one does not exist.

2014 TDI Adventure trim.

Thanks all.

Why won't the Dealer give you a list of whats to be done at each service? That seems strange to me, dealer I use is happy to define each item that is checked/changed at each service.

Probably because the dealer also refused to reprogram the ECU after he fitted a Westfalia tow bar and harness, telling me it was not needed, until proved wrong by myself and by Skoda UK, after hours of trying to talk sense to the dealer.

That's why Skoda UK gave me compensation for the incompetence shown by the dealer and the fact that I was towing a caravan without the vehicle being aware that the van was attached.....dangerous.

Probably because they also could not or would not tell me how to zero my oil change reminder, until I told them how to do it.

Probably because they said a computer was needed to zero my inspection service reminder, until I told them how to do it from the dash.

Probably because they refused to clarify that the diesel cheat rectification work would have no adverse effect on the vehicle (obviously they were well aware of the Which reports on the subject).

Probably because they wanted to rip the engine out of a brand new vehicle, because they said the turbo was rattling, this took three visits to workshop, until I found out it was a loose bracket in the engine bay and fixed it myself.

Probably because they tried to sting me for £600+ to renew all of the brakes on a 16 month old 10K mileage vehicle, when the work actually cost me £180 to renew everything with Bosch parts.

Give me Haynes manual (not available) and VCDS software and I could run rings around them.

Or swap my Yeti for a user maintenance friendly Land Rover Defender.

By the way I am a qualified engineering professional not someone who can't tell a screwdriver from a spanner.

I am not asking for what was done but what may need doing at specific mileages in the future............simples.

But I suppose they need to pay for their lavish showrooms some how.

Your experience is not in keeping with what I know of Skoda dealers, if I were you I'd find another Dealer.

I have had to resort to SKODA UK for assistance with the Dealer in Inverness, I found SKODA UK a 'toothless' organisation, so its up to you to go and find someone competent.

M

Edited by ktm690rr

Apologies to Dave if this is stating the obvious, but my Toyota has a service book that lists all of the items to be checked or replaced at either the Intermediate or Full service, plus additional info for filters, plugs, timing belts, etc. Do Skoda not supply one of these with the car?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DavidMark said:

Can anyone supply me with a list of what needs checked or replace and  what mileage?

How about getting a genuine (or copy) PDF service manual off the net?
The following is just one of the oil change services.

"""♦ Check the use by date of the first aid kit.
♦ Ask the customer if he wishes the wiper blades to be replaced.
♦ Ask the customer if he wishes a topping up of the washer fluid (cleaning and antifreeze agent).
♦ Inform the customer about any defects which were found during the inspection.
Work involved Chapter
– Engine oil: Drain off or suction off ⇒ “3.6 Drain off engine oil and top up”, page 72
Replace engine oil filter
Fill in new oil
– Check the brake lining thickness ⇒ “5.1 Inspecting thickness of front and rear brake pads/linings”, page 140
– Reset service interval display ⇒ “6.10 Resetting service interval display (SID)”,page 169
– Replace fuel filter - diesel engines for diesel operation with high sulphur content
⇒ “2.8 Countries with high sulphur content in the diesel fuel”, page 42
⇒ “3.16 Replacing the fuel filter (diesel engine)”.  page 109
After each oil change
– Complete the Service plan
– Complete the next service date sticker (max. 1 year or 15,000 km (7,500 km for diesel operation with high
sulphur content ⇒ “2.8 Countries with high sulphur content in the diesel fuel”, page 42 )) and attach
sticker to the side of the dash panel (driver's side) - valid for vehicles up to MY 2013
– Complete and attach service mirror tag to the interior rear-view mirror
– Hand customer the completed and signed form"""

3 hours ago, HowardBury said:

Apologies to Dave if this is stating the obvious, but my Toyota has a service book that lists all of the items to be checked or replaced at either the Intermediate or Full service, plus additional info for filters, plugs, timing belts, etc. Do Skoda not supply one of these with the car?

Not any more no. It is all recorded by the dealer on their system.

Which means some essentials are being missed, eg when car comes in for its second variable service at say 37k, and no menion is made of the essential dsg service due at 40k. This is not done at the 37k service as not yet required but the owner often doesnt realise that he needs to get his gearbox done 3k later. Gearbox failure tesults and then any warranty claim is refused ad not serviced crrectly.

That sounds very anti-competitive as if they're trying to prevent owners taking their cars to non-franchise garages to have routine servicing done. I'm assuming the whole Volkswagen group must be operating this scheme, so that's disappointing.

• 9 months later...