2014 Superb Estate 3.6L V6 - What should I know?

geetee1972

I'm about to change my car (big Volvo with a big petrol engine) and am really taken by a 2014 3.6L V6 Superb Estate I've found (the Laurent & Klement spec). It's a huge amount of car for the money the dealer is asking but obvioulsy it would be ruinously expensive to run if I did more than my anticipated 10k miles a year.

I've not driven it yet as it's over 100 miles from me so before I committ to driving up there, what should I know about buying and owning this car? I would intend to own it for five years.

What a fantastic Sleeper estate with ooodles power and 4x4........... Check the road tax, i looked at a 13 plate annd I think the RT was £500 per year. The later ones are a lot cheaper.

Is it in Coventery ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I'm reluctant to say!

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

What a fantastic Sleeper estate with ooodles power and 4x4...........

Is it in Coventery ?

I'm reluctant to say as I know these are exceptionally rare, but it might be somewhere around the midlands. :cool: BTW what do you mean by a 'sleeper estate'?

Edited by geetee1972

Just now, Auric Goldfinger said:

A sleeper is a car which looks ordinary from the outside but others are suprised/don't know by the performance, a bit like the bloke in his fancy beemer who can't shake you off.

I'd have one tomorrow if Mrs G would let me..............

Ah I see what mean. I know that as a 'Q Car' but it's the same thing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blueR36 said:

Not as rare as an R36, same engine but detuned, but you only life once,and well all be in 3 cylinder 1 litre petrols or electric cars in the future 

Yes I'd noticed that the engine was producing less output than the one in the equivalent Passat. I figured that was becuase the Superb was more about refined cruising than sporty pretensions and suited the car's character better. But the dealer suggested it was more likely to be internal brand identity/politics; it wouldn't look so good if the larger, nicer Skoda also had as much power as the more expensive VW. It doesn't bother me though; it just means that the engine is even less stressed and therefor less likely to go wrong.

The engine is bullet proof and not stressed in either state of tune , only weak point is mechatronic unit can fail ( mine did ) on gearbox .Also The R36 was no longer on sale from Feb 2010 as expensive at the time only 124 in the U.K.  Enjoy 

Edited by blueR36