Inspection service - when?

Hello all,

On variable servicing and just had oil service done at 18,700 miles. The inspection service hadn't come on yet. Garage has now messed this up and set the inspection service. What sort of mileage have people done before 1st inspection indicator came on?

Thanks,

Mike

?

How much were you charged if there was just an oil and filter and sump plug change done and 

no Inspection / Major service?

Did you get a Health Report, tyres depth etc,

the a copy of the Body Inspection.

ie about as much as a 1st Variable service gets you and some dealers want £269 for?

Is the Service Indicator reset,

and a 'Free Wash & Vacuum' done.? 

Cost was 189, no health report, wash done. Inspection reset for 20k or 1 year, with oil at 18.7 or 2 years.

Just checking the service record printout Skoda gave me and it says "inspection  with oil change", which makes the cost cheap and now totally confuses me!

Edited by Mike66

Sounds like a rip off price inspection service then.

Same oil and filter as a 'Minor Service' but at 18,700 miles instead of a fixed at 9,400 miles.

Nothing extra done, no more parts than a Fixed service and same price Long Life oil as the Fixed Service would use.

Why they are called 'Stealers' by some'.

What do the parts / oil add up to before VAT?

Edited by Awayoffski

Had my 2 year fixed-interval service done. Inspection and Oil Change were close but not quite due. I wanted it done before doing a multi-1,000s mileage continental tour in a few weeks.

Parts came to £66.65 and labour £74.70, so after VAT £169.52.

Two health reports - Škoda's standard report plus dealer's additional and more detailed report, video report, wash & hoover.

Škoda dealer did explain that the "Inspection" (which is just the German terminology for main service) at 2 years was minor and involved little more than the standard Oil Change service plus replacing dust and pollen filters. Next oil/filter change is due in one year and the full-works major service will be in two years.

Just a bit miffed that I've still got 5.55 mm on all four of those awful P7's and slightly surprised at the exact even wear.

My Superb is on variable servicing and is saying it is due its 2nd Oil Service and 1st Inspection Service. it is 18 months old and has done approx 36,000 miles