Fabia vRS Mk2 Shorter Droplinks on coilovers

Evening guys

had some coilovers fitted on my mk2 vrs today but the drop links are too long andI require shortned ones. 

I have read on the fabia mk1 forums that mondeo droplinks are good to use when on coilys, is this also true for the mk2 fabia? 

Car has been left at garage as it was knocking too much due to the standard droplinks, even when raising the suspension. 

Can anyone advise the correct droplinks to go for that can be bought from eurocarparts so I can have my car back in the morning? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

which coilovers did u go for, looking at this mod next myself & maybe new polybushes but don't know much about extras you need.

Went for cheap and cheerful JOM coilovers, £210 delivered. 

Its definitely shorter droplinks that are required as I've seen it for myself, just want confirm which links to go for

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

Cheers for that! Will grab a pair of mondeo links and see how I get on!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CRZ13 said:

Went for cheap and cheerful JOM coilovers, £210 delivered. 

Its definitely shorter droplinks that are required as I've seen it for myself, just want confirm which links to go for

Cheers for that! Will grab a pair of mondeo links and see how I get on!

Interesting that the JOM are half the price of some AP ones i was looking at. What ride height you going for? Is there really a difference in Quality between £200 Coilovers to £400 ones or is it like paying for a 'name' & they are made in same factory in china.

Also am i right in thinking if i stay at 35mm front / 35 mm rear Shouldnt need the mondeo shorter drop links, but it probably advisable? 

Update:

Mondeo MK1 drop links solved my issue and car now drive the car! 

I was also told shorter droplinks are only required if going lower than 40mm but from my experience they were most definitely needed even if not going as low as 40mm as there was no way the original droplinks were going to clear

After being on JOM coilys for a few days now I must say the ride is very bouncy and stiff at the same time, probably why they are £200!

But as my shocks required replacing anyway, £200 is a very good price as opposed to buying new shocks and lowering springs.

Not quite sure what my ride height is atm, but have booked in at a performance garage to have the coilys adjusted properly and equally all around.

Have attached a couple of pics, in the side view the rear looks slightly raised but when looking at it side on it is actually sitting lower, will post more pics once they are adjusted again (hopefully by the weekend)

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

On 10/08/2017 at 10:23, Kobayashi said:

Interesting that the JOM are half the price of some AP ones i was looking at. What ride height you going for? Is there really a difference in Quality between £200 Coilovers to £400 ones or is it like paying for a 'name' & they are made in same factory in china.

Also am i right in thinking if i stay at 35mm front / 35 mm rear Shouldnt need the mondeo shorter drop links, but it probably advisable? 

Don't get jom coilovers if you still want to use your car everyday. I had them on my old fabia and while they do a great job of making your car look good the ride is terrible, If I where you I'd spend a bit more and get better ride quality.

• 1 year later...