Sportline Aggressive Front Mod Fail

I've had my sportline for just over a week and wanted to do something to make it appear more aggressive from the front. Coming from an octavia vRS the Superb is a little bit subtle.

Anyway, I mocked up some ideas in Photoshop, bought some Plastidip and an hour later I had replicated my lockups. Unfortunately the reality didnt look as good as I hoped. The plastidip looks great, easy to apply (and does a great job on the badges) but it just doesn't look right, looks ok at a side view but straight on from the front it just looks awkward. So in a tenth of the time to put it on I've peeled it all off. 

I'm going to try something with the bottom white bar and see if that looks Ok, but failing that I'll have to Wait for a Suberb vrs.

20170810_201333.jpg

20170810_201314.jpg

Impressed by your effort, really am!

but see what you mean...it makes mi think about mustaches...maybe you've created a superb selleck...or perhaps a superb magnum (PI) . JK!

Anyway, hope you get it right next time!

• Haha 1

Agreed, it's a good effort, but I think you went the wrong way with it.  That looks like a pseudo Lexus front grill and i think you should have tapered it in rather than  out. 

It still may not have worked, but I think it may have looked nicer.

21 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

Where did you get the black Skoda bonnet badge from?

It's plastidip. I've done the front and rear on mine and the girlfriends Fabia Monte Carlo.

Pretty quick and easy, although must have watched hours of you tube videos for hints and tips.

20170809_193400.jpg

20170809_192929.jpg

Edited by AndyTvRS
  • Like 1

I think it's the joining in with the fog lights that doesn't help. I was considering putting a white stripe between the black and the lens but don't think it would have made much difference.

This rough mock up also showed black at the side of windscreen idea, but again in real life dont think would work.

20170809_000605.jpg

I've got a tin of black matt plasticoat spray in the shed so I'll have to have a practice on some suitable bits of scrap. Think I'd rather try on a 'spare' badge before I commit.....

2 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

I've got a tin of black matt plasticoat spray in the shed so I'll have to have a practice on some suitable bits of scrap. Think I'd rather try on a 'spare' badge before I commit.....

The beauty of plastidip is you spray it on the car and can peel it off if you make a mistake.

Wouldn't trust myself with plasticity as that's permanent.

20170809_181523.jpg

21 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

Ah gotcha, i'll just practice my circle cutting to get that perfect circle!

That's the amazing beauty of plastidip, you mask a square bigger than the badge and spray it all, and once finished you start to peel the rubber off at the edge and it automatically cuts around the badge and you have a perfect cut Matt black badge.

• Like 1

Attempt 2 at the aggressive front end. This time I've gone a little subtler just tweaking the bottom strip in the middle. It was raining on the first image so the bubbles are actually rain water not bubbles in the finish.

20170819_115833.jpg

20170818_210416.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EoinM said:

That actually looks alright. 

I'm pleased with it, had to call in the garage where I bought it from today and they were so impressed with some of the mods they even took pictures.