Central locking locks whole car, opens boot, but wont open any doors

I recently changed the battery in my key fob ( I got a guy in an auto parts shop to do it for me)

Now the car locks fine, but will only pop the boot open, no doors are opened by the remote central locking.

It only opens by the key in the drivers door, then key in the ignition, then the unlock button in the centre consol, by the hand brake :sadsmile:

Does anyone have a similar story with their car?

Or the fix for this please?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

What happens if you press the open button twice in quick succession?

What happens if you use the other remote key?

Edited by pikpilot
Typo.

8 hours ago, NoFixedaSkoda said:

Now the car locks fine, but will only pop the boot open, no doors are opened by the remote central locking.

It only opens by the key in the drivers door, then key in the ignition, then the unlock button in the centre consol, by the hand brake :sadsmile:

Does anyone have a similar story with their car?

I was getting to know my wife's 2011/12 Octavia 2 by fiddling with things. Using the rolley-wheel on the RHS of the steering wheel I selected 'Convenience' on the Maxi-dot display noticing I could set a sequence of door-openings. I set it to 'Automatic' and checked 'Opening' and 'Closing' doors. This morning I could only open the drivers-side door? I tried all sorts of combinations to no avail. Eventually I opened the passenger front door from inside then closed it to find no change. I went back to 'Convenience' unticked 'Automatic' and the other two boxes, locked the Octavia and all was good. It's possible that when you changed the key battery the car went into 'self-preservation-lock' mode, perhaps, until it recognised the key? HTH?

• 5 weeks later...