Cracked windscreen

1 hour ago, marko said:

yes! like this, also note the gap at top.. drivers side is 5.42mm and passenger side is 3.42mm

20170823_162204_zpsjacreadx.jpg

20170823_162150_zpsndxzpqnk.jpg

Unacceptable. They are not 'like that from factory'. 

You might be looking at a paint correction job to put that right.

55 minutes ago, marko said:

paintwork is unmarked which is something.. can someone post  pic of an OEM screen?

Not about the paintwork being unmarked, it's the erratic application of (polyurethane) adhesive which needs to be removed from the pain surface. The bondline should be uniform and straight; nothing visible. 

On 23/08/2017 at 17:44, WaHoo said:

Hi Marko, it went away into the dealer today for a new screen, they tell me that once fitted it will stand for 24 hours to allow full bonding and then it will need taken to Edinburgh to have the lane assist camera recalibrated......once I get it back I will update on how it looks.

how did the screen turn out? I've been trying to have a discreet look at random Octavias and I'm almost certain they should have a side seal/finisher down the A pillars..

Mark.

Hi Marko, 

Believe it or not I still don't have it back. Dealer called on Friday to advise that the calibration wouldn't be finished until last thing Friday so Monday would be best to pick her up. 

Damn I miss it. 

6 hours ago, marko said:

how did the screen turn out? I've been trying to have a discreet look at random Octavias and I'm almost certain they should have a side seal/finisher down the A pillars..

Mark.

Would you like a picture of my screen  ( 66plate 230 )

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Would you like a picture of my screen  ( 66plate 230 )

if you wouldn't mind? I just want some evidence before I make an official complaint to Autoglass. I'm sure it shouldn't look like that!

Mark

I have a sunroof fitted. The gap between the pillar and the glass is wider at the top than the bottom, I think it's the shape of the screen. It's the same both sides.

There is also a rubber strip between the roof and the Glass. That might be because I have the Sunroof so I don't know if yours is/should be the same.

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Thanks 1

thanks Auric, you may have a different roof but there is a seal up the A pillars to cover all the nastiness, mine is clearly missing and just looks wrong!

Mark.

1 minute ago, marko said:

thanks Auric, you may have a different roof but there is a seal up the A pillars to cover all the nastiness, mine is clearly missing and just looks wrong!

Mark.

I've no rubber seal up the A pillers, only at the top and the bottom has a plastic scuttle board

4 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've no rubber seal up the A pillers, only at the top and the bottom has a plastic scuttle board

what is this vertical thing that looks black then? looks like a rubber strip to me? or am I seeing the picture wrong?

image.jpeg.47c7de8572d9a13e7f968b410e01447d.jpeg

On 27/08/2017 at 08:15, marko said:

Mark.

I've had a screen recently fitted by autoglass and they came to me, really professional job, I would complain to Autoglass head office, yours looks unacceptable 

• Thanks 1

20170829_105133.thumb.jpg.0d126ca844b0932a9ac9c2b5e41242c9.jpgWell I got the car back from the dealer this morning and I must admit it looks exactly like it should, Skoda branded screen and the channels all clear. Washed and hoovered too.

20170829_105140.jpg

20170829_105127.jpg

• Thanks 1