258 Bhp TDi & 381 Bhp TSi Engines?

Check out the link below to the Skoda Ireland website for the Superb Sportline, scroll down to available engines. Possibly a mistake but a strange one to make and some the figures don't make sense such as the 0-100km. Interesting prospect though :biggrin:

http://www.skoda.ie/models/superb/superb-sportline

280 PS 2.0 TSI should it not be,

so not even 280BHP

*5.8 seconds to 100 km/h*

190ps / 280ps / VW / Skoda / SEAT / Audi / German / English (Irish) / Spanish / Czech lost is translation and the usual 

website c0ckup's, just the usual VW Group lack of care and attention to details.

They do it in Owners Manuals as well, & Press / Media packs,

and some Journalist / editor will not notice and print / publish in a magazine.

Edited by Awayoffski

Skoda is merely a VW group brand :-) As is Audi and others for that matter.

In the UK, they are all VW UK.

I would imagine the 280PS is enough - if you sort out the throttle response. The 220PS engine I demoed wouldn't accelerate as well as my Audi 1.4TFSI unless I really depressed the pedal and then it went well. But reasonable acceleration was poor.

Someone not interested in cars made the website.

If you multiply with 1.36 (which you should, if the power is in kW) you get the numbers.

It is an official Skoda Website though, these engine options were not listed last week and the engine choices do not exist in any other Skoda model afaik so it is a very strange mistake to make. Admittedly, its not totally accurate information such as a 381bhp 0-100km the same as a 280bhp. The other interesting thing is the 204 bhp TDi which is a realistic revision from a 190.

FYI, the only options on a sport line in Ireland are a 150, 190 or a 280.

10 hours ago, magic62 said:

Someone not interested in cars made the website.

If you multiply with 1.36 (which you should, if the power is in kW) you get the numbers.

Didn't get what you meant at first but that would explain it :)

12 hours ago, rtj70 said:

I would imagine the 280PS is enough - if you sort out the throttle response. The 220PS engine I demoed wouldn't accelerate as well as my Audi 1.4TFSI unless I really depressed the pedal and then it went well. But reasonable acceleration was poor.

That is strange, last year I've tested a demo 190 tdi A4 and the S3 190 was more responsive - the gearbox on S3 has more straightforward programming. On A4 it would only redline when in manual mode (S mode was completely useless). Sure, the A4 was very smooth ride but also very dull. In what way is your A3 more responsive than the 220? Comparing with identical setup (autohold off, traction control off, in S mode etc).

Just pressing the throttle say a 1/3 way down on the 220PS Superb still had it accelerating relatively slowly. The same on the lower powered A3 had much better pickup. If you put both in sport mode then the 220PS Superb would be much quicker. But for normal driving it felt as if something is holding it back and it's deliberate. I am expecting the 1.4TSI engine in the Superb I've ordered to be less responsive than the A3.

'Simply Clever'.  

Skoda CZ were not that stupid to do all the cheats and 'Testing Errors' that other VW Group Brands might.

Even when the same engines are in different models the Engine Management / Software can and will differ,

and somehow a VW or Audi that is heavier and with the same BHP / Torque can supposedly be quicker, more economic & emit less pollutants.

But then VW Group have confessed to being lying cheating barstewards, so no surprises there.

Honest as the day is long until caught out, then it was someone else not the 'Management'.

Vorsprung Durch Technik 

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/vw-emissions-scandal-audi-and-seat-deny-co2-cover 

Edited by Awayoffski