No power in car when while off

Hi all.

Have a problem with my MK2 2.0TDI Octavia. When the ignition is off, I can't turn on the hazards, and when the engine is switched back on the clock in the car has reset itself. This happens every time I switch off. I tried to check fuses, but any I've replaced doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a problem with one of the wires as there is no feed going to those systems without the engine on. As they work with running and the car starts you can discount the battery and a fuse, unless there is one for the clock memory that happens to be linked to the hazards.

I take it the hazards work  while the engine runs?

Agree with Roo - it's probably a wiring fault, with the feed being taken incorrectly from an 'ignition on only' point in the loom.  

Hazard lights fitted but not working properly is an MoT failure.  For safety, correct operation means they must work with the ignition off.

Good luck with tracing it.

Typical situation when the permanent supply to the clock etc. has been lost. Does the radio work with ignition key out? Have you taken out the dash, fuse box or radio recently?