might help some with rattle

Had my new to me octavia, a week and had an annoying rattle, thought it was the glovebox , but by holding the glovebox the rattle continued, found out it was the passenger seat raiser lowered handle , the front part of it was rattling against the seat plastic surround,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:30, skippy41 said:

Had my new to me octavia, a week and had an annoying rattle, thought it was the glovebox , but by holding the glovebox the rattle continued, found out it was the passenger seat raiser lowered handle , the front part of it was rattling against the seat plastic surround,

how did you eliminate the rattle?

12 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

how did you eliminate the rattle?

10 mil piece of foam backed sticky window seal just had a roll of gray in my shed stuck iy to the seat surround , no more rattle

Edited by skippy41
  • Thanks 1

I've had to do similar on my drivers seat one, over a rough road it was rattling again the seat plastic. Just stuck on one of those round felt pads under it.

Took me a year probably to find out that those ~ 2000rpm rattle in any gear which most pointed to fuel lines, actually ended being up dashboard rattle. Not finally car is almost rattle free. Except for cheap 1.5L water bottle which rattles in the door :D 

8 hours ago, toni8b said:

Took me a year probably to find out that those ~ 2000rpm rattle in any gear which most pointed to fuel lines, actually ended being up dashboard rattle.

Where is this rattle? How did you solve it?

I notice that when I press plastic around hazards button / passenger air bag light in center console, the whole thing moves and produces some rattle. After sticking some rubber inside, the rattle stopped.

• Thanks 1

On 2017. 08. 20. at 13:30, skippy41 said:

Took me half a year to find this stupid rattle......

I thought it was coming from the door. Ehhh... tricky car acoustics...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjpNklspbw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toni8b said:

I notice that when I press plastic around hazards button / passenger air bag light in center console, the whole thing moves and produces some rattle. After sticking some rubber inside, the rattle stopped.

did you have to remove any dash to put rubber in?

1 hour ago, Micks_address said:

did you have to remove any dash to put rubber in?

No, I stuck some rubber left, right and above passenger air bag button, not below so it doesnt block hazard lights button.