Good PCH deals?

My current S3 lease deal is coming to an end in February and I've been wondering what to do about it.

Plan A was to buy a plugin hybrid, because surely they'll have got them good by 2018. However, they haven't!

So I'm looking at the options:

One option is to buy my existing car, although I'm not sure how much they'll want for it yet.

Another is to do another 2 year PCH contract. If I can get similar terms to my current one, that's quite attractive.

I would probably go for the estate version, maybe in a less boring colour than Business Grey. Maybe consider going over to the 1.4 petrol engine to reduce the number of people I'm supposedly killing by driving a diesel, but if the packages don't work out (the SE Business seemed like a great deal to me, back in 2015 - is that still available?) then I'd stick with the 2.0.

A quick look around suggests that 6+23 deals on 10k can be had for around £230 for SE - but that likely doesn't include metallic paint or leather, etc.

To drive the VW Passat GTE is a brilliant car and I nearly ordered one. But I cannot charge easily at home. Try one? Obviously a £40k car in estate form and few options. Savings for company car drivers and BIK.

I'd have thought the eventual price to buy your car was agreed at the start. So it can't have been a PCP?

Yes PCH. I don't understand the attraction of PCP myself! So an indicative price of £15,500 for the car as is (18 months, 15k miles) is very reasonable. But I don't want to be saddled with a diesel!

Not bad, that Simpsons deal.  Not quite as good as Leaseshop - an effective £244.62/month cf £241.50 (Note that Leaseshop charge £300 admin fee).

I presume all lease suppliers have the same maths regarding additional options (i.e. list price divided by the number of months) or do some of them discount the options?

For those who've extended their leases, did you have many options on the original car?

I had metallic paint and Canton with mine, which comes to a shade under £1200 - so when spread across 6+23, was £41/month.

I'm wondering if they'll want to make me continue paying for this!

Well, I'm flabbergasted! VWFS have come back with a Modified monthly payment of £206.89!*  (Currently paying £252.35)

So they have effectively removed the cost of options and left the primary amount the same.

I'm shocked, partly because when deciding between 2 and 3 years, I went for 2 years as it had a lower effective price per month than the 3 year contract.

My explanation at the time for the discrepancy was that it's much easier to sell a 2 year old car than a 3 year old car.

But essentially I've just ended up with a pretty heavily discounted 3 year contract.

Maybe something for others contemplating a 3 year contract to consider?

*Of course there is the £60 admin fee,  so I guess you could add £5 to that figure, but still a good deal

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 1

Maybe they would rather £206.89 a month for another year rather than trying to sell a diesel car? Sounds like you have yourself a good deal there. And at the end of the 12 month extension there will probably be a lot more options available including some more PHEVs.

They seem to want me to accept within 7 days. I wonder if I should wait until new year by which time the price may have fallen further? ;-)

The most surprising thing was that maintenance is only £6/month, although it's not clear if that includes tyres.

Ive just ordered a sportline with horton skoda and they beat simpsons prices plus the car is trailer delivered and you dont have to pay the £500 deposit simpsons wanted. They also discounted the options by a bit. 

Edited by T-1000

£2490 initial payment and then £204 a month for 23 months. (10k) No fees, Thats for a 150 diesel, manual in laser white with front parking sensors and a spare wheel. I kept options low to keep the monthly payment lower. To compare with simpsons for the standard car with no options horton was same initial with £190 a month. Not massivly cheaper but the other benifits make it much better in my eyes. I tried quite a few dealers and none could get close.

Edited by T-1000

15 hours ago, thewinelake said:

Well, I'm flabbergasted! VWFS have come back with a Modified monthly payment of £206.89!*  (Currently paying £252.35)

So they have effectively removed the cost of options and left the primary amount the same.

I'm shocked, partly because when deciding between 2 and 3 years, I went for 2 years as it had a lower effective price per month than the 3 year contract.

My explanation at the time for the discrepancy was that it's much easier to sell a 2 year old car than a 3 year old car.

But essentially I've just ended up with a pretty heavily discounted 3 year contract.

Maybe something for others contemplating a 3 year contract to consider?

*Of course there is the £60 admin fee,  so I guess you could add £5 to that figure, but still a good deal

Seems like a good deal to me. Mine was quoted the same for year three as I didn't have any options. Very odd though as the three year deal at the time was £50 a month more.

I placed my order with SImpsons (L&K Estate 2.0 TSI) and they were significantly cheaper than anyone else I could find.
I managed to negotiate the 2.5k initial rental down to 1k and the 500 deposit is also returned when I receive the car.