Possible remap on my car??

14 hours ago, FlipFlops said:

Ok what do you guys think? I pulled away on some frigging gravel so slipped in 1st but the rest of the gears were ok. Does that looked remapped?

Ill have to book it in somewhere to see for sure.

i will try to make a video of mine after work (if i dont forget) so you can compare the two.

3 hours ago, FlipFlops said:

Anyone know of any club rolling road day's planned? I'm in Cornwall but don't mind travelling a bit if there's one on soon? :)

This one is coming up FAIRLY soon. about 2 months off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bspman said:

This one is coming up FAIRLY soon. about 2 months off. 

I will have to check that date, I'm away for 2 weekends on the trot in October so won't put my name on the list just yet. If I've not sold the car and I'm free I will come along. I've been on a few rolling road days and a few dynos in the past, it's always good fun watching the graph plot out :D

I think you are wasting your time comparing video's of your rev counter or stories of the wheel spin you can achieve.

Get a cable and VCDS-Lite and take some logs or get the map inspected by someone who know what they are doing.

Not sure why you want to rev it so high on the standard turbo, even with a remap the power drops off over 4000rpm (if not before), not much point increasing the rev limit just change gear and get back to where the power is.

51 minutes ago, duck said:

I think you are wasting your time comparing video's of your rev counter or stories of the wheel spin you can achieve.

Get a cable and VCDS-Lite and take some logs or get the map inspected by someone who know what they are doing.

Not sure why you want to rev it so high on the standard turbo, even with a remap the power drops off over 4000rpm (if not before), not much point increasing the rev limit just change gear and get back to where the power is.

Yeah these are a bit different to N/A cars but it still pulls after 4k. I'm not sure where the limiter should be on these?? I agree, you can feel the power tail off.

I genuinely think wheel spin is mostly down to the way you drive and what tyres you are running, even if you do have big bhp you can still get a car to put the power on the road fairly well. 

They way this fabia picks up speed though is fun. I'm not sure if it's fast or not but it's got a bit of grunt. I've been seeing some of these running 200 to 250bhp. They must be pretty quick, the cars been light and nimble, that sort of power must be a giggle.

1 hour ago, Minjukas said:

@FlipFlops Tried to take a video but did not have a phone holder so had to use my passenger as a camera man ^^. This video with 2 passengers. Also couldn't do 3rd gear because i was running out of road.

That looks quick with all the extra weight in it!

There's a rolling road day I've seen on here, I'm going to try and make that and see what it's running.

I've only had the car 5 days but really enjoying it, it's a fun thing to drive :D

Edited by FlipFlops

After some thought I've decided to sell the Fabia. It was always bought with a view to sell but thought I might possibly keep it after giving it a drive. 

It's getting fully detailed this weekend with a full interior wet vac. So just a heads up. I'll be putting an advert in the sales section tomorrow or Monday :)

1 minute ago, sepulchrave said:

Outstanding, the only problem I can think of is that the car might as well be on the moon! :D

Devon and Cornwall does have some roads too lol :D

It's not that far :o:D:D:D

On 28/08/2017 at 23:55, sepulchrave said:

...and Grockles, amirite? :cool:

I had to give that a Google. Yeah the holiday makers like it down here. I've only been down here 3 years so you could say i'm one of them too lol